Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocker Panel Damage - How Bad Is It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much what the title says. Accidentaly ran over a low curb, how bad does it look/cost estimates do you think?
99D2B237-0C40-4CD8-9300-B424E134BF18.jpeg
86FC927A-B008-4375-8645-1A5ACBC8A76E.jpeg
E99AE4A4-B1FD-4882-8005-BF71FADFA8A8.jpeg
9205AAEE-1748-4585-BBC9-5B8E196B249C.jpeg

Here is one of more than a few threads on this topic. Perhaps there is some information in there that can help you:

Upvote 0
I have similar damage to mine from the same thing. I was told by one shop that it would cost several thousand dollars to fix. I am in the process of looking for the least expensive side skirt option that comes up to just under the doors. So far I've found a set for $580USd plus shipping (getting it to Calgary, Alberta was $197.21USd) that fit the bill and look really nice (see pics). This is the CMST Tuning Carbon Fiber Side Skirts Ver.2. $580 gets you the FRP version which comes prepped with black primer ready to be sanded and painted. $300 more gets you partial carbon fiber, and $500 gets you full carbon fiber.

There are thousands of side skirts out there for the Model 3. Many are cheaper, most are in 2 or 3 pieces (cheaper for shipping but you can see the joint). Out of all of these on ebay, Amazon, Chinese sites, there are only a few that come up to just below the door, which is needed to hide this damage.

also found a roll of gloss black tape that looked to be about the right length and width to be run all the way along from just under the door, down over the damaged area and would come to the top of some of the cheaper options that don't come all the way up to the doors. I opted for these ones instead. CMST also has a new Ver3. which is more expensive, looks good but I didn't like the way it stopped just short of the rear wheel well (click here to view).

Hope this is helpful, watch out for those curbs!!

Attachments

• SideSkirt2.jpg
    SideSkirt2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 64
  • SideSkirt1jpg.jpg
    SideSkirt1jpg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0