TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roof/Shingle Replacement + Solar Panels + PW - Installation Advice

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by MJGolf, Sep 6, 2018.

1. MJGolf

MJGolf Member

Hi there,

I'm located in Napa, CA and use PG&E currently. Need your advice with using Tesla/Solar City's products, technicians and 3rd party contractors. I'm looking to replace my roof(composite shingles) and install solar panels (would love to get solar tiles, but it's a very long wait and my roof is on its last legs) along with the PW's (x2). Tesla came out and gave me a quote the other day and to my surprise, they said they will replace the roof shingles too (sometimes completely free and other times maybe a little more costs to the customers). I have the 2nd appointment (tomorrow) for the estimator to come out and figure out where to place the solar panels for optimal solar production and inspect the roof for the roof replacement costs.

I'm quite surprised that Tesla offers roof replacement and at a very low costs. If you have gone through the similar process, I would love to hear your experience - costs, quality of workmanship, roof shingle warranty, quality of solar panels vs. others out there, any gotcha's and anything else to take into consideration...

2. miimura

miimura Active Member

You should always get multiple quotes for solar. Since you are doing a roof too, you should get a quote from Petersen Dean for roof plus solar. Tesla can do the Powerwalls later. You can also find out how much Petersen Dean charges for the LG Resu battery system.

3. MJGolf

MJGolf Member

Thanks for the referral. I’ll definitely look into it.