Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotating staggered wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they are staggered then you can’t rotate front to back.

If your tires are not directional then you can rotate side to side.

If they are directional tires then you can’t rotate them at all without unmounting and remounting the tires the other way on the wheel and swapping the wheels side to side.

Tires do not need to be rotated side to side if it has proper wheel alignment. FWD or front biased AWD cars will wear out the front tires faster while RWD cars will wear out the rear tires first.
MYPs will wear out the rear first, and if you drive like 100 year old grandma/grandpa, you will get decent mileage out of it. =)

Reactions: E90alex
The only time I had to rotate staggered tires side to side, was when I had a car that had aggressive camber from the factory. Even then, that only worked if you had tires that allowed you to dismount, flip, and remount... Otherwise swapping side to side won't do anything to address wear from an aggressive camber.

Reactions: E90alex
The only time I had to rotate staggered tires side to side, was when I had a car that had aggressive camber from the factory. Even then, that only worked if you had tires that allowed you to dismount, flip, and remount... Otherwise swapping side to side won't do anything to address wear from an aggressive camber.
Lexus IS350 rear camber issue?