Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotora braking system for Plaid / LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remembered I saw a nice braking kit front + rear for the M3 from Rotora and sent them an email. It looks like they have one for the Plaid / LR as well!

STREET CHALLENGE / Street-Use

AXLE
CALIPER
DISC SIZE
DISC TYPE
LIST
SALE
Front​
8-Piston​
405x36mm​
2-Piece​
$4,295​
$3,006.50​
Rear​
4-Piston-EPB*​
380x32mm​
2-Piece​
$3,895​
$2,726.50​
*Rear Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) is 100% retained

*Regenerative Braking is 100% retained

Spec wise I really like it: no other aftermarket kit had a 8 piston front caliper and this is the only one offering a rear caliper as well. Also, the brake discs are way thicker than the other aftermarket options. Price is really nice for this full package. So, technically speaking it would be a no brainer. The only problem is that there is very limited feedback online from actual owners, although 100% of it is positive. I really like this option; I am not expecting to be as high quality as a Brembo GT-S for example, but is it really that bad by comparison? What do you guys think?

Got a link? I couldn't find anything related to the Model S.

Ducting and track pads would be more worthwhile and likely much cheaper than new rotors and calipers. This is assuming you're tracking the car. This would all be wasted money on the street.

They don`t have it posted on their website, it`s very lacking at the moment. I want to upgrade the brakes because one full stop from 150mph and you`re pretty much out of brakes with the stock ones; at this price it`s very resonable for what you get. Only way to buy these is to contact Rotora by phone / mail and they will hook you up. Would be really nice if someone from the States would fit these and give some real world feedback, since I live in EU and it`s pretty complicated to get my hands on them.