Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Routing with no traffic data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it is related to my masters update to v9.0 2019.20.2.1 but I cannot get traffic to load on the map and when using the nav I get the routing with no traffic data. Online routing is selected in options, I have tried reboots. I have 3G signal (tried in different locations) and Spotify works however the final zoom of the map will not load. If I connect to WiFi it all works... any ideas or people with the same problem. AP1 70D

Routing is generally down in the cloud, not in the car. Amazingly, what you see on the map isn't what is being used.
Don't see what vehicle you have, but if it is one of the lower models, you may have been "right-sized" and extras removed with the update.

Not sure if it is related to my masters update to v9.0 2019.20.2.1 but I cannot get traffic to load on the map and when using the nav I get the routing with no traffic data. Online routing is selected in options, I have tried reboots. I have 3G signal (tried in different locations) and Spotify works however the final zoom of the map will not load. If I connect to WiFi it all works... any ideas or people with the same problem. AP1 70D

Hi,

May seem a bit silly but have you selected the traffic lights icon on the map itself, it’s the icon above the Superchargers icon. Pls see attached image.

Cheers

Attachments

• 6AAE2BF7-1AB2-4BBA-B374-632B5677D303.jpeg
    6AAE2BF7-1AB2-4BBA-B374-632B5677D303.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 119
I’m having the same issue. Spotify working, there is 3g data but it looks like the navigation app is not able to access the data network. If I create a hotspot, all works fine. This started to happen with 20.2.1 and it is NOT fixed with latest update.