Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Routing With No Traffic Data” - Causes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my end-of-day commute, I consistently get the “Routing With No Traffic Data” caution on the map display, at pretty much the same place every time. I still have LTE connectivity, and a few miles back when I started my route, Tesla Maps had traffic data, and if I peer at my phone, Apple Maps still has traffic data.

The only hypothesis I’ve come up with is the HOV lanes which are the first 7 miles of my commute. Maybe if the HOV lanes are far enough from the normal lanes (and the Tesla nav system seems to know nothing about the HOV lanes here), the nav system recognizes I’m not in the normal traffic lanes, and throws away the nav data as irrelevant. A possible data point in favor of this hypothesis is that when I do exit the HOV lanes, at some point the traffic data returns (how closely correlated the two events are is hard to tell, because when I exit the HOV lanes, I’m busy with traffic and aren’t paying attention to the map for a bit). However, I don’t see the “no data” caution on the other side of the freeway in the mornings while commuting to work, and the HOV-main lanes separation is at least as bad in that direction.

Anyway, this is frustrating because the “outage” encompasses a location where I actually have an alternate route if the main route is much more jammed than usual; before the outage started happening, I could look at my estimated time to go and decide if the alternate route was worth it.

Anyone else seen something like this?

i just started having this problem this week. My car has premium connectivity included (I have not had to pay for it, monthly or annually) and has been mostly care free for the two years i have had the car. Just this week it asked me to update the connectivity (pay for it). I have reset the car twice to no avail. Tesla wants $100 to remote into the car to see if they can fix it (which seems rather expensive).

Anyone else have this issue and a fix?

It sounds like it's not specific to my car and unfortunately just started for others this week as well. Hopefully they get it fixed.
Yep, looks like it's back. Not just us.

1713981876659.jpeg