Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ryzen failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst driving MYP Ryzen, the screen went dark. Would not reset. Brought it in, mcu failure. Cool. They said they replaced it entirely. Cool. Got in and had to reset everything to the way I had it, as expected. Tedious. Is there any chance they replaced it with something else, or would it have to be the same mcu? It still says Ryzen in the info screen. Everything just seems different now.

Had no regen dots for the longest time, now I’ve got regen dots every drive here in the desert. While it is colder now, these were non existent. Just a coincidence? It never goes full regen anymore.

Climate is usually on auto, now it’s louder. Fan runs higher than before and takes time to come on after getting in. Non factor before.

Radio station used to come on right away, now it shows old data from previous drive and no sound for 5-10 seconds and then comes on. New to me.

Had latest update before (driver door unlock version), now sitting here with older version they updated it to. Annoying, but I guess I am in a new queue now with updates.

Somehow, my steering wheel is turned right a few degrees to go straight now. I don’t understand that one. Non issue before.

Really feels like a different car in an odd way and I’m not stoked on it. Maybe just knowing things got changed out is the problem. Steering wheel was straight before though. I’m baffled by that.