Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento NBC-affiliate KCRA-TV 3 reports on PepsiCo's Tesla Semi fleet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Check out the charging cable and connector
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 9.30.54 PM.png

Reactions: fholbert
There is how fast it CAN charge and how fast it is charging. I have many times pulled into Superchargers and had to wait a long time to get back on the road. Not every time by any stretch, or I'd be pretty upset, but if you are doing planning around charge times perhaps they are going with the larger number so that they are not scheduled to pull out 24 minutes after they plug in.

Not charging enough to reach your destination is a lot bigger deal when there are only a few chargers in the world that work for your vehicle. I wonder if they come with a Mobile Connector that plugs into 120V in case of mishaps.

V4 Charging connector. Similar in design to the Megacharger connector
View attachment 928504
By V4 connector, are you saying a picture of the connector on the V3.5 Supercharger site in Europe? (That has V4 posts hooked to V3 chargers.)

If so, that is a CCS Type 2 connector. Not any similar to a MCS connector than a CCS Type 1 connctor is...

By V4 connector, are you saying a picture of the connector on the V3.5 Supercharger site in Europe? (That has V4 posts hooked to V3 chargers.)

If so, that is a CCS Type 2 connector. Not any similar to a MCS connector than a CCS Type 1 connctor is...
You read too much into what I typed.
The connector pics provided look similar in design and nothing more.

I think their focus this month is on getting all the Supercharger v3s up to speed for the Ford and GM customers to start using. It seems all hands on deck as they have to hit every single one and it's been taking as much as a day to do just 4 of the posts at each site. That may relate to travel time to get there and is just anecdotal.