Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety features questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a few mentions at other forums and here on Tesla having automatic crash response system (similar to OnStar in the Volt and Safety Connect on the ES) but it seems it is not a real feature, just anecdotal cases where Tesla HQ would call drivers post crash. With software updates coming monthly, could it be this feature is already available?

Second question is regarding a tweet from Musk - Elon Musk on Twitter - that says glove box will be opening automatically in a crash and that the center screen will be getting lamination to prevent shuttered glass cutting occupants. Presumably the glove box improvement is already in place. Is the lamination already in production too and if so how can I check if my car has it?

Back last year before my first Model 3 I got a screen protector but never installed it. Now will do it when I have a chance.

Never thought about the emergency response connection before purchasing, thought this is such a simple feature to implement, it would be available on all cars nowadays. Enough the car just to tell the phone to dial 911.