Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales Tax on Lease payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to roll the sales tax into the payment or must it be paid upfront in its entirety?

The online configurator makes no mention of sales tax, even in the “due at signing” language. I’m assuming the lease quote does not include sales tax bc it does not ask what state you are in.

TIA!

Is there any way to roll the sales tax into the payment or must it be paid upfront in its entirety?

The online configurator makes no mention of sales tax, even in the “due at signing” language. I’m assuming the lease quote does not include sales tax bc it does not ask what state you are in.

TIA!

That is correct the lease calculator does not factor state sales tax in its calculation, it is calculated when apply for the lease. I believe in NY you can either pay the sales tax on lease amount upfront or roll it into the lease. I think it is factored into the down payment amount, you can always adjust the down payment when applying for the lease. I usually use CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR to calculate the payments. I am not sure what the money factor and residual values are these days on Model Y