Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage car. Cosmetic only. On lot in Raleigh.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David_Cary

Dec 17, 2012
Cary, NC
So my car was totaled on May 15th with passenger rear quarter damage. I drove it for some time because shops were slow to get estimates and I was too busy at work to deal with it. I drove it for 6 weeks and there were no issues - alignment fine, no rattles, no mysterious fluids leaking. The estimate was $25k to fix. Somewhere I have a post with a pic so just search the forum.

The only issue is that I got a parking sensor warning because 2 sensors are knocked out.

The car finally got in shop and it went to a lot in Wendell last week. It has 12 miles on the battery and falling which is the reason for the post.

Someone from here should get my car - I don't feel becoming a parts car is the right path. I don't have time for a project (or room or understanding wife). It is a 2015 70D with AP, MCU2, new 12V battery (2 months), 4 new primacys (4 months old). I was original owner so it has connectivity and FUSC if you get lucky enough to keep. It is white, grey next gen seats, tech pack. Good windshield chip and lived in interior for sure. 109k miles. Charges to 220 miles, rarely supercharged but got 100 kw for a short time last time I did.

Message me for details. I have no idea how someone would get the car so no questions on that. If I could help by making a call or signing something etc - I will. The yard has the title. If it matters USAA handled it.