Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision/body shop in Nor Cal that won't always order new tesla parts and charge the max possible amount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an old but working great 90 2016S that got hit in the rear bumper, quarter panel. Drives fine, no warnings, other than the parking sensor is out. Due to high miles the market value is virtually nil, but of course the repair estimate is around 20k and insurance wants to declare it total loss. Want to keep this car as it still has FUSC. There must be some talented guys who can use a salvage vehicle to fix the damage without ordering new parts -- anyone know of a decent shop in the East Bay? Or is everyone trying to charge top dollar? Thanks.

Have an old but working great 90 2016S that got hit in the rear bumper, quarter panel. Drives fine, no warnings, other than the parking sensor is out. Due to high miles the market value is virtually nil, but of course the repair estimate is around 20k and insurance wants to declare it total loss. Want to keep this car as it still has FUSC. There must be some talented guys who can use a salvage vehicle to fix the damage without ordering new parts -- anyone know of a decent shop in the East Bay? Or is everyone trying to charge top dollar? Thanks.
I have a friend in the same situation right now with his 2013 S. I told him to order a new car ASAP and transfer the free charging before the car is officially a total loss. He decided on a base Highland which will be an upgrade and not super expensive.

Another option is to have the shop write the maximum repairable estimate to keep the car from totaling, then cash out and sell the car to another person looking to transfer the free charging.

Other than that, I don't think you'll find a quality non-certified shop willing to work on the car with used parts. There are definitely techs out there that might do it as a side job, especially those that fix salvage cars. However, I don't think it will be as cheap as you want it to be.