Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage model 3, misc parts for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to open a thread for anyone needing parts, parts for sale, discussions on how or vent.
I've been bothering the Model S forum and used up all their goodwill.

I picked up a 3 on auction. All I wanted was the battery. I've been stripping it down. It was an odd total, every bag blew but the seat bolsters. The front bumper, a fender and a broken wishbone on one side. Somebody made off with both tail lights.

Seems a shame, the frame is nearly untouched.

I don't know, a replacement ought to be simple. Relatively. Jack Rickard has pulled a battery out and gives a pretty good summation. He was pulling it to see how it was built. I hope he builds a controller for the 3 battery. As for a how-to on getting it out, I'll give it a shot in about a month. I need to sell the seats and doors first.

I don't know, a replacement ought to be simple. Relatively. Jack Rickard has pulled a battery out and gives a pretty good summation. He was pulling it to see how it was built. I hope he builds a controller for the 3 battery. As for a how-to on getting it out, I'll give it a shot in about a month. I need to sell the seats and doors first.
Doesn't seem like rocket science at all... main difficulty comes from its bulk. Otherwise it seems fairly straightforward, unlike rebuilding an engine.

Second roadblock might be the software. I couldn't even get a damn HomeLink module off of eBay because it was "VIN locked" to the car it came from. Wouldn't be surprised if the battery is the same story.

tesla-model-3-battery-pack-3.jpg

1. Charge port connector 2. Fast charge contactor assembly 3. Coolant line to PCS 4. PCS – Power Conversion System 5. HVC – High Voltage Controller 6. Low voltage connector to HVC from the vehicle 7. 12V output from PCS 8. Positive HV power switch 9. Coolant line to PCS 10. HV connector to cabin heater and compressor 11. Cabin heater, compressor and PCS DC output fuse 12. HV connector to rear drive unit 13. HV pyro fuse 15. HV connector to front drive unit 16. Negative HV power switch 17. Connector for 3 phase AC charging

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
tesla-model-3-battery-pack-3.jpg

1. Charge port connector 2. Fast charge contactor assembly 3. Coolant line to PCS 4. PCS – Power Conversion System 5. HVC – High Voltage Controller 6. Low voltage connector to HVC from the vehicle 7. 12V output from PCS 8. Positive HV power switch 9. Coolant line to PCS 10. HV connector to cabin heater and compressor 11. Cabin heater, compressor and PCS DC output fuse 12. HV connector to rear drive unit 13. HV pyro fuse 15. HV connector to front drive unit 16. Negative HV power switch 17. Connector for 3 phase AC charging
Would you happen to have one of these?

Welcome | Tesla Service

I'm going to open a thread for anyone needing parts, parts for sale, discussions on how or vent.
I've been bothering the Model S forum and used up all their goodwill.

I picked up a 3 on auction. All I wanted was the battery. I've been stripping it down. It was an odd total, every bag blew but the seat bolsters. The front bumper, a fender and a broken wishbone on one side. Somebody made off with both tail lights.

Seems a shame, the frame is nearly untouched.
what color is the model 3?