Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! Recently bought a ‘23 Model S LR from Auction with only front end damage(not terrible at all). From the pictures it seems the screens do not turn on but the door handles present out . I have only worked on a ‘15 model S and I know a lot more technology came out since then . What could make the car not want to “start” after a front end collision. Been reading about two types of pyrofuses , one on the 12v battery and the pack itself. does one have any correlation with another ? I’m a little confused on it . If anyone knows, i highly appreciate it! Thanks

Service manuals/schematics are free on service.tesla.com, just register.
Not familiar with latest models but yeah 2 pyros, 12v n HV.
Can't recall but i believe 12v pyro will cut off most of circuits but handles might be on for safety n such..
If airbags deployed then 12v pyro probably did too. HV doesn't always blow, not sure what the conditions are for that one...

Service manuals/schematics are free on service.tesla.com, just register.
Not familiar with latest models but yeah 2 pyros, 12v n HV.
Can't recall but i believe 12v pyro will cut off most of circuits but handles might be on for safety n such..
If airbags deployed then 12v pyro probably did too. HV doesn't always blow, not sure what the conditions are for that one...
Yes I replaced the 16v battery and the pyrofuse in the battery. Car doesn’t turn on. I’m thinking I have to replace the vcfront. Is that correct?