Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey ! So I’m having an issue with my 2023 tesla model s I bought from auction. The airbags went off, so I replaced the 16v and swapped pyrofuse in the battery. However only the windows , lights , and doors work but nothing else . I was reading something about a vcfront controller in the car . However I’m confused on it . I was wondering since the car is “dead” could I still plug in toolbox 3 to the car and reset the vcfront so I can get it started again . Or do I have to purchase a new vcfront controller to have it turn on .

Any help is appreciated! Thanks !

Rick, I have EXACTLY the same issue as you... unfortunately, mine was self-inflicted. My car was running perfectly but I decided to remove the RCM to clear original crash history but neglected to disconnect the LV battery connected and deployed my curtain airbags. I have replaced the airbags, cleared the RCM, replaced the Pyro fuse... but I still have no screens. I have power to door handles, windows, interior and brake lights and that is it. Dash, steering wheel, console, seats are all dead. I have ordered a new VCFront from Tesla but it is still 2 weeks from arriving. I bought an external power supply and thought I had all the cables to hook try Toolbox 3 tonight but found out that the 2021 model S plaids (and I would assume the LR) require a special 100-1000Base-T1 Media Converter H-MTD which I also need to order. At least your 2023 will not require the media converter box.