Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego: Tint Recommendation Anxiety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't even picked up my S85 yet and my head is spinning with the tinting. I feel as if I'm debating whether or not to circumcise my child or not. lol (sorry if I offended) At the moment I think I'm just on information overload.

Tinting options shouldn't be this hard but here I am trying to figure out between

Mr. Tint (I've read about the club discount)
SD Tint
Solar Care
Monumental Workx (leaning toward them)

Trying to figure out between photo sync, 3M, Air Blue 80 (on the front shield).

I wear Oakley polarized prescription sunglasses so I'm worried about the rainbow effect too. ugh...

Trying to figure out between 35% 15% on the back and/or 70% on the front windows.

Do I get the Pano tinted or do I not?

As you can see I'm on information overload. I've never tinted a car so I'm sure that's adding to the anxiety.

Does anyone have a black MS and tints? If so care to chime in on your experience on percentage and what looks nice? Even if you don't feel free to chime. :)

Sorry for possibly beating a dead horse on the tinting but I think I'm not alone in this. I'd like to make an appt soon since I take delivery next week.

I have 75 Photosync on my windshield if you want to test it with your glasses. And I have 45 on the sides and back windows if you want to see how dark it gets in the sun.

We also has 65 on the side windows of the Volt (my wife did not want noticeable tint)

I highly recommend Photo sync for heat reduction. it really reduces the amount of AC you need to stay comfortable. It's still hot when you get in the car after it's been parked in the sun for a few hours, but is 100 degree type hot, not 120+ degree hot. It make a huge difference.

PM me if you want to meet up some time. My in laws live in Otay Ranch, so we're your area from time to time.