Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinting in Finland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am taking delivery soon and now I am trying to figure out the window tinting situation.

I didn't find much online in English, most informative was in this link which I dont know if it is up to date. Window tinting in Finland - Blacksmith

"– in Finland it is not allowed to tint windshield or front door windows with anything. Even if you have a 100 % see trough film. If you still choose to have film in the front windows you may have a ticket from the police if they pull you over and notice that you have window film in you front windows. The other place to get a notification and an order to remove tint from the front widows is “katsastus” where you have to take your car each year to check.

About 20 % of my customers chose also tint to the front windows and almost always it’s with 50 % film. It’s a common choice because this film isn’t really dark, it only gives you a nice faint tint to your windows. Also always ask the installer to shave the top edge of so that there is no light gab and the edge of the film can’t be noticed
."

No film allowed at all on front windows seams to be really strict so I am trying to understand what is the actual practice, does it really happen to get a ticket for having something like 50% on front door windows?

What kind of tinting have you done on your cars?

It often happens if you are pulled over by police for something else, like speeding. Then they will add tinted windows to the list.

Also it's an almost sure fail in "katsastus" (inspection?). One trick is to go to inspection in a warm summer day, windows down.. :) Might work.

Reactions: ICE5891