Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sarasota, FL - Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On February 19th the Goodwill Superstore at 5150 N Tamiami Trail had a grand opening.

They also installed a free ClipperCreek charger.

I brought my car for a photo opportunity.

Goodwill opening 3.jpg

Goodwill opening.jpg

Goodwill opening 2.jpg

Larry

Now am in Sarasota for my meetings. Drove from downtown Sarasota to Venice for a dinner engagement tonight ---- no sign of Larry. Because of the late pickup from the body shop, left Tampa without a full charge. I've got 115 miles of range for the weekend and return to Tampa on Sunday. Am actually thinking of visiting Mote Marine on Saturday afternoon. Always wanted to visit there, and can use the HPWC installed there. Otherwise I'll have to track down Larry or Nigel and drink some wine while I steal their power.

Steve, there's also a free clipper creek (J1772) right opposite your hotel in the car park by the kissy-kissy sailor statue. There are also 4 free clipper creek stations in the Palm Avenue garage, that's a 3 min walk from the Ritz. I may have to be down at Mote in the a.m. so if I'm heading in I'll give you a call.

Last edited:
Steve, there's also a free clipper creek (J1772) right opposite your hotel in the car park by the kissy-kissy sailor statue. There are also 4 free clipper creek stations in the Palm Avenue garage, that's a 3 min walk from the Ritz. I may have to be down at Mote in the a.m. so if I'm heading in I'll give you a call.

thanks. I might go plug up tomorrow am, as I have a day full of meetings today. Are they all the same power, or would one be better than the other (I have single inverter in my car)?