Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scott from Detroit - Proud new Model 3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC!

My name is Scott and I'm from Detroit, MI. I picked up my (used) Model 3 from Chicago on the 9th of March and have been blown away by the vehicle. I have cheered Tesla from the stands for years and years, and although I had not so much as sat in a Model 3 before picking mine up, I knew I wanted in the game! I had originally put my $100 down on a beautiful blue dual motor long range 2018 Model 3, but after getting everything in place and a pick-up date for the following week, the car was totaled by hail damage and Tesla wrote it off :( It was not meant to be. Tesla delivery did their best to make it right however, and they were able to find me a 2019 Model 3 with only 1k miles which they were willing to relocate from Florida for a reduced price to make up for the loss of the first car. This car was red, which I wasn't as much a fan of initially, but my mind was instantly changed when I set eyes on "Blinky" :) (That's a PacMac reference for those who may be wondering :p Yes, I'm old :oops:)

Being that I'm upgrading to a Model 3 from a 2005 Prius, this has been a pretty amazing performance boost! The initial owner had purchased the FSD package, and on the way home I let the car do its thing for the vast majority of the I94 drive (always paying attention of course!). To say I was amazed at how well it did would be an understatement. I've seen numerous review videos of the cars capabilities, but to experience them in person was something else completely. I find myself opening up the door to the garage just to look at it.

Anyway, I'm really glad to finally be a part of the Tesla family and a part of TMC! I hope to enjoy Blinky for years and years to come!

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• Blinky.jpg
    Blinky.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 47