Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scraped Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Search the TMC Model Y forums for "curbed wheel". The easiest option (besides ignoring any purely cosmetic damage to the wheel) would be to find a mobile wheel repair service in your area. The mobile service will come to your home or business and repair the wheel. Expect to pay ~$150 per repair for this service.

Could I do this like once a year instead of buying those after market stuff to prevent curb rash? All those after market stuff is like sticky plastic that goes on your wheel, which I thought kind of defeats the purpose and instead of curb rash you have this expensive $100 piece of plastic on your wheel that is held on with a strong sticker.

I rather just do a cheap repair and hope its around $150 maybe every 1-2 years.

You can do this repair yourself but you probably won't have access to the equipment needed to first dismount the tire from the wheel. If the damage to the wheel isn't too bad all you need to do is mask off that part of the tire before you start with some tape. Sandpaper or sanding blocks can smooth out the rough section of the rim. Then a small amount of touch up paint in a matching color and your wheel will be almost like new. From 4 or 5 feet away the repair will be undetectable to all but the most experienced auto detailer.

Last edited: