Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratches/marks on the underside, 2023 M3RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks
I happened to be looking under my M3RWD earlier and noticed (what look like) scratches/marks on the underside. Vehicle is 2 weeks old with approx 500miles on the clock.

Screencaps below, these are adjacent to the drivers side (UK) front suspension. Any thoughts on whether a service visit is required? As an aside, when I approach 70MPH there is a ‘flapping’ noise coming from what sounds like the drivers wheel well or close by. Might be unrelated.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.png
    IMG_0158.png
    930.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0157.png
    IMG_0157.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0156.png
    IMG_0156.png
    905 KB · Views: 58
Forgot to mention, the car hasn’t had any scrapes or scuffs since I picked it up so I’m guessing these were pre-collection.
500miles is a lot of miles and 2 weeks is pretty far beyond delivery for reporting delivery issues. Tesla generally covers delivery issues if car has under 100 miles and reported within a few days of delivery.

Can't really tell from your pictures, but if they are only on the aero shields, then that is all just cosmetic and won't affect anything, given those plastic shields are only there to direct air. If it's on the battery pack metal shell, if it's shallow, it would also be cosmetic. If the dent is very deep, then it might be a cause for concern. From the pictures the markings look quite shallow and might even just be paint or some staining material that can be washed off.