TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen material: Glass or Plastic?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dante, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Member

So this seems like a pretty obvious question, but I couldn't find any threads to answer it: Is the Model 3 screen made of glass or plastic? I'd hope for a car in this class it is glass, but I don't want to assume. I've always had an iPhone which has a glass screen, and aside from the eventual minor barely noticeable scratches, it's withstood the test of time. Trying to decide on whether I need to invest in a screen protector or not. (If it's glass I'm pretty comfortable leaving it as is and giving it the occasional wipe down; if it's plastic, I need to start shopping!).

Thanks!

2. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

it's glass.

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Elon Musk on Twitter
    I don't know if they have done that yet.

5. sroh

sroh Member

It now comes with a very thin screen protector. Much better with an Abstract Ocean screen protector.

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It’s meant to be removed when the car is delivered, just like the peel off protector on lots of consumer devices.

• Like x 1
  7. Dante

Dante Member

Ok, so it's glass! Thanks everyone for the quick reply... now on to worrying about the center console hahaha...