Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen mirroring for Netlfix/youtube while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen someone have anything like this while drinking now? I heard it was coming but it would be great to throw on Netflix for my kids while on a long drive and they can't change or even reach the screen. It is annoying to have 2 pads or similar plugged in etc..

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
Has anyone seen someone have anything like this while drinking now? I heard it was coming but it would be great to throw on Netflix for my kids while on a long drive and they can't change or even reach the screen. It is annoying to have 2 pads or similar plugged in etc..

I would recommend not doing this while drinking. Especially if you are driving.

ABetterTheater.com - Full Screen Apps
Go to that on your cars browser.

It won‘t come unless some develops an aftermarket hack. Tesla explicitly has the video codecs that are built into the web browser set to inactivate if the car is not in Park. Seeing as it’s pretty much illegal anywhere to have a video playing in a car that is viewable by the driver, I suspect you’ll never see it.

It won‘t come unless some develops an aftermarket hack. Tesla explicitly has the video codecs that are built into the web browser set to inactivate if the car is not in Park.
Apparantly not all codes are set to inactivate if the car is not in Park. Using Teslamirror app I get videos in Youtube, Whatsapp and Shazam playing in the Tesla browser while driving. I will try viewing more video sources from abettertheater.com on my iphone to see what Teslamirror can and cannot play in Tesla browser while driving.
To be updated

Apparantly not all codes are set to inactivate if the car is not in Park. Using Teslamirror app I get videos in Youtube, Whatsapp and Shazam playing in the Tesla browser while driving. I will try viewing more video sources from abettertheater.com on my iphone to see what Teslamirror can and cannot play in Tesla browser while driving.
To be updated
So through that site, you can play, via the browser, all those services?

To be updated

i use teslamirror for waze but never tried video. not that i would but out of curiosity, is it actually a smooth experience, does the audio/video sync up? sometimes my waze will lag if i have low signal but otherwise works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.