Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen reboot after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anybody having problems with the update? seems re-booting every few minutes while driving. Tesla says it's my aftermarket wireless charger from NOMAD. seems odd, this didn't happen before when I had this charger....

Did you try disconnecting the charger for a while? See if it's actually the problem?

Also, I find it to be a Very Good Idea to do the 3 reboots after every update - press and hold the 2 steering wheel buttons, same but with the brake pedal held also, and powering down the car for 3-5 minutes until everything stops.

I had the same issue after updating to 2019.15.5 so I kept a log of all the reboots (date & time). Went to a local SC and they took it in to replace the MCU which took about 2 days to complete. It seems like a known issue as they didn't really ask any questions.

anybody having problems with the update? seems re-booting every few minutes while driving. Tesla says it's my aftermarket wireless charger from NOMAD. seems odd, this didn't happen before when I had this charger....

You might need to take out the nomad and see if the problem persists (to prove to them or yourself it is or isnt the nomad). I have a nomad for my model 3 and dont have this rebooting issue. I actually had an issue similar to but not exactly your issue before 2019.5.x firmware and that firmware fixed my issue.

FWIW my nomad is the 2nd generation one, without the built in batteries. I only mention this as you may or may not have this version, and isolating differences is one part of troubleshooting.