Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scroll wheel behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The volume (left) scroll wheel only responds to a single number change in volume after many spins. I just got a 2020 and not sure if this is normal or if it’s common.
Will it be fixed under warranty if it is not working? If so can mobile repair do it?

I have a 2020 Model S, but this has been a problem for me also. Service replaced my scroll wheels, but that's not the fix. It improved things, but only slightly. Mine still does it after they swapped the scroll wheels. I also have some intermittent issues with my XM radio not working and general lack of response on the touch screen. Unfortunately, my service center is clueless and claim it's all normal. It's not normal, the 2019 loaner car doesn't behave this way, but it also has less than half the miles of my car. Some other posts seem to indicate that a flaky MicroSD card might affect the general responsiveness of anything infotainment related. If I find a fix, I'll update this thread.

I also experience this issue on a 2020 MX. I had the steering wheel button packs replaced which had no effect. I had wondered if it was a connection issue inside the steering wheel. It seems to have got progressively worse over time. I've submited a service request so will see what happens.