Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SE Penn mobile mechanic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All--

I need to send my Roadster out to Seattle (from PA) for service, and in order for it to roll freely I need someone to remove one of the driveshafts as the transmission is locked.

Does anyone have a lead on a mobile mechanic in the SE PA area that can come do the work? The car is about 15 miles south of Allentown.

Thanks!
--Paul

What about just lifting it up and putting the wheels on dollies?

I will be using some to get it out of the garage :)

However, the shipper will not accept a car on dollies.

Oh, that’s no fun. I had to help do the same on both a 1.5 and a 2.0 car. I think there’s serval ways of doing this, including removing the PEM and manually disengaging the breaks without removing the half axel but I don’t know how.

Look at this link and diagrams to remove the axel.

Be prepared to catch transmission fluid.
Good look.

Oh, that’s no fun. I had to help do the same on both a 1.5 and a 2.0 car. I think there’s serval ways of doing this, including removing the PEM and manually disengaging the breaks without removing the half axel but I don’t know how.

Look at this link and diagrams to remove the axel.

Be prepared to catch transmission fluid.
Good look.
Thanks eHorses. The link suggests I only need to have the left half shaft removed? Isn’t the right wheel still locked by the transmission then?