Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Auto Adjustment for Exit problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Model S, updated facia with EAP 2. I love my car but the recent update that adds the easy entry and exit does not always function correctly. Very few times when I put the car in Park and the seat recalls the settings i saved for easy exit, it moves the seat-back forward excessively almost "crushing" me. I have to hit "Stop" on the screen or I feel like i'll be crushed like a clam shell. I also notice that when this issue happens, upon re-entry and i put the car in drive, the driver side mirror does not adjust back to the correct position and the manual adjustment won't let me pan out as much as i need.

Typically the problem solves itself. I'll get back in the car a few hours later and it's back to normal. I found that a quick fix is to hyperextend the seatback all the way to the backseat, then engage my preset. This normally solves the problem instantly.
This occurs maybe 10% of the time. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

I had a problem where my seat and steering wheel got stuck in the easy entry preset and i couldn't adjust either. Turned out to be a faulty memory seat module. Maybe yours is malfunctioning but hasn't completely died yet. Just a thought.

I have a 2016 Model S, updated facia with EAP 2. I love my car but the recent update that adds the easy entry and exit does not always function correctly. Very few times when I put the car in Park and the seat recalls the settings i saved for easy exit, it moves the seat-back forward excessively almost "crushing" me. I have to hit "Stop" on the screen or I feel like i'll be crushed like a clam shell. I also notice that when this issue happens, upon re-entry and i put the car in drive, the driver side mirror does not adjust back to the correct position and the manual adjustment won't let me pan out as much as i need.

Typically the problem solves itself. I'll get back in the car a few hours later and it's back to normal. I found that a quick fix is to hyperextend the seatback all the way to the backseat, then engage my preset. This normally solves the problem instantly.
This occurs maybe 10% of the time. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

You might want to add the situation with your other key fob and whether there are other profiles programmed into the car.

My wife and I are constantly playing seat position roulette, depending on who gets to the car first and who drove last.