Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat coverings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a picture
2018_tesla_model_s-pic-8958319122118667645-1024x768.jpeg

These are like a duo. Leather sides cloth middle
Right, that's how they all were. I have those seats in my 2018 Model S. When I ordered the car in October of that year, those were the standard seats. Shortly after I ordered, Tesla eliminated the textile seats and made black leather the standard, but existing orders weren't updated.

The textile seats have been very comfortable and have held up well, so don't let them stop you from buying that car.

Reactions: zingler and bmah
I sure wish that leather was an option. The last car I had with a vinyl interior was a 1964 Corvair… and now I am driving a 2023 MSP with vinyl interior. Oh… wait… not vinyl; “vegan” leather. Sheesh.

If it bothers you that much, you can get someone to reupholster the seats. (That's an actual suggestion, not snippiness.)

Bruce.

I was thinking about that today. What I will likely do is wait until these seats are degraded and then pay someone to recover them. I thought I read somewhere that someone is making leather seat covers for the seats, but I have not taken the time to research this yet.

If it bothers you that much, you can get someone to reupholster the seats. (That's an actual suggestion, not snippiness.)

Bruce.

Reactions: bmah