Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats in 2022s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if they are different, but you should go sit in (and ideally drive) and 2022 if seat comfort was really a point of contention for you.

I have been putting about 2.5k miles per month with no issues, FWIW. I am a pretty average / athletic build.

Pre-Covid, I test drove the 3, but did not like the seats. Others have also complained about them. I gather that since then they have been changed some. Feedback on the 2022 seats?
AFAIK, there is no change in the seats for 2022 from the 2021. When you say "pre-covid" what year exactly are you talking about? They did do a redesign back in 2018, but after that the other changes are largely cosmetic.
Tesla Model 3 Gets New Seats, Plus Everything Else We Know

The Model 3 front seats have largely been reviewed as some of the most comfortable seats available (note the lumbar is adjustable, although only on the driver's side now for the 2022s), although opinions can vary.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Pre-Covid, I test drove the 3, but did not like the seats. Others have also complained about them. I gather that since then they have been changed some. Feedback on the 2022 seats?
I have a 2022 Model 3 P. The seats turned out to be just awful for me and my body build.
Seems most average people don't have problems and actually like the seats. But a growing number of people, especially people a bit larger, and slightly wider in the bone structure are hurting after long drives.
I completely rebuilt my seats and now I'm very happy with them.

They're still on the v3 seats. Which other than the controls looking a little different, and the headrest a tiny bit different, they are no different from the v2 seats (mid 2019 and later)
v2s actually were silently rolled out in late 2018 (sometime in late Q3, early Q4). Initially the Model 3s of that vintage had just the front seats or the back bench v2, or mismatched fronts (one v1, one v2) with either a v1 or v2 rear seat bench.

Eventually settling on both front and back being v2.

At some point after that came v3, aside from the controls changing and lumbar drop from the passenger side , etc Tesla also changed the bench again to something akin to v4. I stoppped keeping track too long ago to know.