Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing ghosts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I’m really happy with my new AWD model 3 and I think the autopilot works amazingly well all things considering. And will of course get better with updates, however:

There’s a section of road around town where I drive regularly and the car sees a ghost and slams the brakes!
It’s straight, there’s usually very little if any traffic, still it happens every time!

I can understand that on occasion the system could randomly get confused and do this (as I’ve seen once or twice), but why in one spot? Of course knowing this I disconnect or just hit the gas pedal..

Thanks

Bo

Hi! I’m really happy with my new AWD model 3 and I think the autopilot works amazingly well all things considering. And will of course get better with updates, however:

There’s a section of road around town where I drive regularly and the car sees a ghost and slams the brakes!
It’s straight, there’s usually very little if any traffic, still it happens every time!

I can understand that on occasion the system could randomly get confused and do this (as I’ve seen once or twice), but why in one spot? Of course knowing this I disconnect or just hit the gas pedal..

Thanks

Bo

Phantom braking. It’s one of the biggest issues (if not the biggest) with Autopilot. Google it/search it.