Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Advice - Picking up M3P- today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Filter

MS LR Blue/White
Jun 2, 2015
United States
I was hoping to solicit advice from the wise forum members here. I am picking up a stealth tonight on the east coast and just looked at the MVPA. The VIN is 5869## range which seems a bit low - I also saw on the MVPA that the odometer reading was 60 miles. When I picked up my model S in 2016, the paperwork indicated 50 miles but actual mileage at in the single digits on delivery. My Sales Adviser assured me the car was not returned or damaged and they have recently increased the mileage on the paperwork to account for testing.
I will definitely carefully inspect the vehicle prior to delivery and hopefully the actual miles will be lower.
If the car does have 60 miles - would this group recommend accepting delivery?
I have been very lucky with my Model S (Zero issues....ever). Hoping for the same with my 3.

Thanks to all for the advice - still looking forward to the stealth!

Tap the “T” icon at top of display, ensure there’s a red underline below “Dual Motor”. If that’s missing, have them apply the upgrade before proceeding. Sales and Delivery are more motivated BEFORE receiving payment.

I don’t think mileage is an issue. If it’s significantly over MVPA number, then ask for a mileage credit.

Not like ICE, where break-in period and hard driving affect long-term reliability.

Bought our Model S as inventory/demo car with 1,100 miles. Nice markdown, figured the miles were a benefit - Tesla had a chance to find and fix any issues. 35,000 miles later, only work was to replace outside mirrors when they froze in folded position the second winter.

Enjoy your new P3D- it’s a real pocket rocket.

Reactions: Type 5
Asked and answered a gazillion times re: initial odo reading on paperwork.

Sort of, but the tesla standard mileage put on MVPAs for new cars is "50" miles. If OPs MVPA actually reads "60" miles the car might actually HAVE 60 miles.

OP I would just take a look at what the car looks like, like you normally would, and not worry too much about the car having 60 miles. The performance without performance package upgrade (aka "stealth") model 3 really is the sweet spot for range, performance etc for not only teslas but cars in general right now. Its impossible to get the amount of performance that it delivers for anywhere NEAR the cost of the car.

Its even worth overlooking things like a few miles on it, or small imperfections. Since we dont know when they will make more stealth Model 3s, I would plan on keeping it, unless there is something majorly wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Filter and c77m
Dont forget to change your sig :)

Congratulations!

Done - and thank you! 20191212_195126.jpg 20191212_195126.jpg

Attachments

• 20191212_195105.jpg
    20191212_195105.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: ambudriver03