Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling 19" Wheels + Winter Tires for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NOLA_Mike

May 11, 2013
Colorado
So here's my situation. As a long time Model S owner, I've always had the 21" wheels with summer performance tires. In late 2015 I bought (directly from Tesla) the 19" Winter Wheel Set for my then 2014 P85D and later use with my 2016 90D when I would travel to Colorado and Utah during the winter months.

Fast forward to now. I no longer own a Model S - Model 3 since Sept of last year. The Model S wheels don't fit the Model 3 so I need to sell them. Problem is I'm in south Louisiana where no one needs winter tires and I'm not interested in the hassle of shipping them so they hang on my garage wall taunting me as I come and go.

I still make a few trips a year to Colorado and I'm thinking about taking these wheels and tires with me next time if I can find a buyer ahead of time. They are the original 19" wheels that came with the Model S (see picture below) with the Pirelli SotoZero Winter Tires Tesla sells.

What do you guys think? Easy or hard sell? I think I'd be willing to let them go fairly cheap (like $500 for the set - I think that's cheap anyway ? ) just to get them off my garage wall.

IMG_0041.jpeg

I'm in Colorado, and I'm interested.

Do you know what version of TPMS these have? I've read here that Tesla changed from "Gen1 to Gen2" TPMS mid 2014.

EDIT: If they worked on both your 2014 and 2016 cars, I'm definitely interested.

Last edited:
I'm in Colorado, and I'm interested.

Do you know what version of TPMS these have? I've read here that Tesla changed from "Gen1 to Gen2" TPMS mid 2014.

EDIT: If they worked on both your 2014 and 2016 cars, I'm definitely interested.

They are the "new" generation TPMS. My 2014 P85D was VIN 64272 and they started the new TPMS somewhere around VIN 60000 if I recall correctly. Matter of fact, my service guy mistakenly thought I had the Gen1 sensors and had those installed. Of course the Gen1s didn't work on my car so they had to dismount all the tires and replace the sensors with Gen2 version.

Mike

I'm in Denver and would also be interested. I've got a 2016 90D so it should just be plug and play with the TPMS

That's true - they were used on my 2016 90D just pop them on and go.

Guys - I've already been contacted by PM by a couple of interested folks. When I originally posted the message I thought I would be making the trip shortly (in the next week or so). Plans have since changed and I won't get there until likely late October or November now. I have already given a couple of folks the right of first and second refusal.

If everything falls through I will contact you guys and see if you are still interested at that time.

Thanks for all the feedback / interest.

Mike

So here's my situation. As a long time Model S owner, I've always had the 21" wheels with summer performance tires. In late 2015 I bought (directly from Tesla) the 19" Winter Wheel Set for my then 2014 P85D and later use with my 2016 90D when I would travel to Colorado and Utah during the winter months.

Fast forward to now. I no longer own a Model S - Model 3 since Sept of last year. The Model S wheels don't fit the Model 3 so I need to sell them. Problem is I'm in south Louisiana where no one needs winter tires and I'm not interested in the hassle of shipping them so they hang on my garage wall taunting me as I come and go.

I still make a few trips a year to Colorado and I'm thinking about taking these wheels and tires with me next time if I can find a buyer ahead of time. They are the original 19" wheels that came with the Model S (see picture below) with the Pirelli SotoZero Winter Tires Tesla sells.

What do you guys think? Easy or hard sell? I think I'd be willing to let them go fairly cheap (like $500 for the set - I think that's cheap anyway ? ) just to get them off my garage wall.

View attachment 451768
hey mike I used to live in Zachary now I live in Fort Collins. I am looking for a set and will be in the Gonzales area around thanks giving. I would be interested
John