Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling 2022 Model S LR reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
while i dont agree with selling reservations, but also if thread crapping is poor taste. If he can sell it for $15k great. If not, then buy the car and sell it for the same/similar profit. As others mentioned, likely thats what some are doing, buying reservations, buying cars and selling for profit. My guess, its unlikely, Tesla will lower prices due to demand. It is not like good days back in 2018 or so where they lowered prices on some and even had some bonuses end of the quarters. good luck with the sale and or trading for Model X. Too bad Tesla can't do it for you on their backend.

Feel like it's a weird dynamic with the LR. At 79.5k base, they would sell like hotcakes and want times would be a year. At 94.5k, it really makes you think, "Yea, it's a really really cool car, but it's 100k basically for a luxury sedan" (dont know everyone's financial situation, but you get it). When someone has a reservation for sale, somewhere in the middle is where I feel like there's still value for both parties. To think someone is gonna pay the difference between MSRP now and the reservation, I think, is not gonna happen. Inventory cars pop up every day for MS LRs and if you wait a week and watch the flow, you prob will end up with a config you want and you can get it within a week or two at today's MSRP.

But there's still value to a reservation that's legitimately 15k less than MSRP. Is it 3k?, 5k? It's prob some number around there given the situation. But if I'm ok with buying a 100k car, I am most likely going to order it on my own account and not have to worry about the transfer situation if I am saving 5k or less.
I follow all the inventory drops, get a discord notification from a bot for every one. They've gotten better last month or so, but it's still almost exclusively CA cars, or other west coast locations (see you're on East Coast like me). That adds transport fee of $2,000. Cannot remember last one I saw on East Coast up north. Did see a Florida and GA car last couple weeks, but still $1K transfer. So kinda depends on where you are, but for those on East Coast you're likely looking at $2K on top of sticker if you're at all picky about configuration (and not patient).