Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling a 2016 Red model S, should i wrap? dechrome? install privacy glass? or all of the above help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gb306

Feb 25, 2022
UK
Selling a 2016 Red model S, should i wrap? dechrome? install privacy glass? or all of the above help!

toy 2.jpg

is it a general consensus that red is the worst colour and chrome is dating?
There’s no such thing as a best or worst color. It’s purely personal preference.

Like everyone said, sell it as is. You’ll find someone who likes red or they can personalize it themselves.

By definition, you can’t anticipate how any unique individual will want to personalize something.

Upvote 0

View attachment 773581

Assuming for a minute that this is not just an attempt to post a "for sale" thread in the regular subforums, instead of the marketplace where those posts go.....

Another vote for "none of that". The things you might do if needed would be things like repairing damage. There is no need to do completely superficial personalization (de chrome, colored wraps) if the goal is to sell the vehicle. If you had a personalized wrap, it would be a fair question to ask if you should remove it, but most buyers are going to prefer the car be as "Stock" as possible.

"Stock" sells, any personalization becomes something that has to appeal to that specific buyer. From what we can see, the car is in great shape, so it should be left like that and sold if that is what you want to do.

Upvote 0