Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Model 3, 20” Wheels, Full Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to sell my Model 3 outright for just my costs, so I can buy the performance model.

New charger in Springfield, VA!
20s from the side.

My costs for Model 3:
Base: 35K
Battery: 9K
Blue Paint: 1K
Title and fees: 1K
Premium Interior: 5K
EAP: 5K
Performance 20” Tesla Wheels: 4.25K
Full wrap and ceramic coating: 6K
Federal tax credit: -$7500

Asking price: $58K

3.5K miles (and increasing). Free premium internet for life. Babied and hand washed every week.

Best news is that you don’t have to wait. Wheels take several weeks to ship. Wrap/coating takes a week plus two weeks to cure. New Model 3 is 4+ months out.

Reactions: MP3Mike
So, you're only factoring in $0.21/mile for depreciation?
There’s value in getting $7500 tax credit baked into the asking price with the tax credit expiration. There are other listings where the buyers not only omit this but also try to ask for taxes as well. Happy to consider your best serious offer. I’ll be posting to other sites this weekend.

Last edited:
I'm interested but not at this price. I can go upto 51K. Located in DC.
No worries. I'm considering unbundling the performance wheels and putting those on the new P3D. Would you be interested at $52K with aeros? Otherwise I may just keep this car until P3D arrives, swap the performance wheels and rear suspension forelinks (part of wheel upgrade), and then sell this car at market price plus 1 or 2K for wrap and coating.

Last edited:
No worries. I'm considering unbundling the performance wheels and putting those on the new P3D. Would you be interested at $52K with aeros? Otherwise I may just keep this car until P3D arrives, swap the performance wheels and rear suspension forelinks (part of wheel upgrade), and then sell this car at market price plus 1 or 2K for wrap and coating.
I'm ok with Aeros. I can do 48.5 with Aeros.

Bumping this up. Now the car has a little under 10,000 miles. I'm now asking $50,000 and am no longer selling it with the performance wheels. It now only comes with aero wheels. Thanks.

fullsizeoutput_a1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_97.jpeg fullsizeoutput_98.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ac.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ac.jpeg
    793.5 KB · Views: 126
  • fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 129
  • fullsizeoutput_7b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7b.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Whats in this listing
Tesla Model 3 with the following options
  • RWD
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Enhanced Autopilot. Full-self driving can be added later after purchase
  • Premium Upgrades (synthetic leather seats, 5 heated seats, heated/folding side mirrors, fog lights, better sound system, etc)
  • Long-range battery
  • 18" Aero wheels
Tesla no longer sells this rare configuration with both the RWD and the long-range battery. It goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds (advertised, but it's probably faster), and compared to my Performance Model 3 feels almost as peppy. Tesla only sells the "mid-range" battery with RWD Model 3s from now on, with a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds advertised.

The following modifications have been performed
  • Full custom installed paint protection film from Virginia's Exotic Vehicle Wraps. This protects the car from scratches and rocks. It also make the paint look like glass. This film has a 10-year warranty. This service starts at $6,999.
  • Full Ceramic Pro 9H ceramic coating from Virginia's Exotic Vehicle Wraps. This coating is a permanent wax and sacrificial layer. It has hydrophobic properties to make washing much easier as dirt just glides off. This has a five year warranty. This service starts at $1,599.
  • The Tesla Service Center installed new upper fore links to the rear suspension in order to accommodate 20" performance wheels if you would like to add these tires and rims after purchase. This does not impact the behavior of the car or the warranty. You will see an additional 20" tire specification sticker added to the sill of the front driver door. Please disregard the sticker and refer to the 18" specifications. I will provide the Tesla service center receipt as part of this listing.
  • I have added film in the door sills to prevent scratches to the "Model 3" front driver and passenger metal door logos and prevent wear and tear
  • I have added a matte paint protection film over the center console to prevent scratches and wear and tear
  • Aftermarket performance pedals were added over the OEM pedals. The OEM brake pedal is included and can be swapped back before purchase if requested. The accelerator pedal never had a rubber pad, which is consistent with the stock configuration.
  • The Tesla "T" logo on the hood has been removed and is provided in this listing. It can be reinstalled with some 3M adhesive (what Tesla uses), and I can have it professionally reinstalled by Tesla or a Tesla-authorized body shop before purchase if you'd prefer. Having it off was recommended by Exotic Vehicle Wraps for aesthetics as well as ease of cleaning.
The following service has been performed
  • One of the headlights was dim, so Tesla replaced the headlight under warranty.
  • As previously mentioned, Tesla installed 20" performance tires, which included a minor suspension upgrade. This kit was purchased from Tesla's website. These tires and rims are not included with this listing. I have kept them for my newly purchased Performance Model 3. Only the original rims and tires are included with this listing.
Remaining warranty
Comprehensive vehicle warranty before 50K miles or 4 years, starting late March 2018 when I took delivery the car.
Drive train warranty good for 8 year or 120K miles, starting late March 2018 when I took delivery of the car.
Notes on condition
The car is in excellent condition and was hand washed every week. There are no behavioral defects. The paint has been completely protected by the film and coating.
Payment
You can lock in this car for a $2000 down payment. There are no liens on the car. I fully own the car and have the title in hand. The car was originally bought with a loan that I have fully settled. I will accept a check if the transaction happens at a bank where the money is cleared before purchase.
You are welcome to send any inspector to check out the car on your dime. I will also drive it to them within a 5 mile radius on weekends.
Thank you.