Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my S90D december '15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling my S90D, 10K miles, white, in perfect conditons, autopilot, sunroof, tan leather, air smart suspension. Tesla would get it back from me and put in on the retail market for 73K. I can offer the car for 70K if anybody is interested. Car is in Fairfax, VA

I am upgrading to AP-2. Realaize it is pretty dunmb to sell the car that is just 1 1/2 year old, but want to have the full self-driving capability

You do realize AP2 is not yet on parity with AP1 in most cases? I also own a 16' S90D with AP1 and so far from various friends who have EAP 2.0 the consensus so far is the Mobil Eye hardware/software suite was able to achieve solid and consistent delivery for the end user vs sporadic experiences for EAP.

FSD may come at some point however if one truly believes it will release as an full alpha version with no early stage issues, I think it may come as a surprise to them. We may yet have to wait a few years of fully tested, safe and consistently reliable software before we can truly fall 'asleep' at the wheel so to speak.

Hang on to your AP as there are many posts of EAP/FSD purchasers feeling somewhat duped by Tesla when they realize or experience a ride in AP1.0. I've been in an EAP vehicle and I can tell you with surety that AP is more solid and reliable at this stage.

I too will upgrade my 90D to the next version once the model S undergoes a full design change ie. 2019/20 based on a 7-8 yr lifecycle of the current design. From some Tesla employee sources, we may start to even see an interior dash redesign as soon as or shortly after Model 3 is released to give new life to the S/X. I'd wait for that as least!

Agree on all your points. I have driven the the AP-2 and view it as a car that today is essentially the same as the one I have, but that has the "guaranteed" capability to deploy the FSD when it will be finally released. Which I do not expect to take place before 3-4 years, despite what the people at Tesla are saying. Understand that from a financial point of view mine is not a good decision as my car gets the worst hit from depreciation despite being just 1 1/2 year old. But I like the idea of having a car that keeps growing every month as the new software releases keep coming out. And if I can help in debugging some of the glitches I will be happy to do so, as I have done a few times on the S90d I have, with feedbacks on the autopilot and the summon functionality