Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if NVDA is going to tank after the split. Currently at a $2.95T market cap.

I have been playing with SMCI lately. It moves a lot up and down during the day and I have been scalping 10% OTM puts at $1-0.50 at the time.
Hopefully tank. I've already missed out on 11% gains since my haphazard sale at $1075. Will it go back down below $1000? Yes I know it will after the split.

Last edited:
I wonder if NVDA is going to tank after the split.
high probability it will, my plan is to dump or CC them

it's not just nvda TA, the macros are not looking good

USCPMI chart is falling off a cliff... it measures manufacturing and we are seeing contraction; recession comes when it bottoms and loops up (loop up is not happening yet)

this signals that corporate profits will drop

1717600383449.png

high probability it will, my plan is to dump or CC them

it's not just nvda TA, the macros are not looking good

USCPMI chart is falling off a cliff... it measures manufacturing and we are seeing contraction; recession comes when it bottoms and loops up (loop up is not happening yet)

this signals that corporate profits will drop

View attachment 1053788
But wouldn't that mean CPI and other Fed data are in line for a rate cut? Recession is good for the Fed right?

What is bad is good and good is bad.

But wouldn't that mean CPI and other Fed data are in line for a rate cut? Recession is good for the Fed right?

Recession is good for ppl and companies, sectors that want a RATE CUT, industrials, banks, real estate, construction, consumers in debt, others.

But, Recession is NOT GOOD, and if/when jobs start to become net losses, vs. net gains - then expectations will fall as will stock prices somehow not tied with lower GDP.

Ppl have talked for several years now about getting a “soft landing”… or a recession. I think what we’re GOING to have is a SOFT RECESSION.

Trying to take advantage of the dip - STO 100x -TSLA20240607P172.5 and STO 100x TSLA20240607P170, along with BTO 100x TSLA20240607C170. Here’s hoping this ages well… (edited to correct that +Cs are C170, not C175).
STC the +Cs and BTC the -Ps. Not the six-figure trade I was hoping it would be today, but $40k in 2 hours is good enough for me to step back away from the screen and enjoy the day.

Ballsy. I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out.
It very well might...or it might not. Hence my exiting, taking the gains, and stepping away to enjoy the rest of the day.
So with the calls you are hoping to buy 10,000 shares at 170?
With the Puts you are hoping to buy 10,000 shares below 172.5 and below 170?
Not quite - the goal was simply to take advantage of the morning's dip...done! :) Although, if I'd ended up picking up a bunch of shares, well, not the worst thing to do, then apply it to the Wheel of this thread's origin...
I'm just happy this is a time it did age well...it doesn't always. :)

pink = rate cut

the last 2 crashes, there were no cuts once the crash started

(unless my indicator is wrong)

1717602562358.png

"The script applies Purple (color can be changed) highlights to the days that the US Federal Reserve Cut interest rates. Data goes back to the 60's. This can be applied to any chart/timeframe to view how the asset behaved before/during/after Federal Rate cuts. ****This was updated as of Dec 2022... Any decisions after Dec 2022 will not show up in this indicator."

pink = rate cut

the last 2 crashes, there were no cuts once the crash started

(unless my indicator is wrong)

View attachment 1053803

"The script applies Purple (color can be changed) highlights to the days that the US Federal Reserve Cut interest rates. Data goes back to the 60's. This can be applied to any chart/timeframe to view how the asset behaved before/during/after Federal Rate cuts. ****This was updated as of Dec 2022... Any decisions after Dec 2022 will not show up in this indicator."

That graph is missing cuts in 2018 I think.

I think there’s a better chart somewhere.

Reactions: UncaNed
BOOM !! :) I though few weeks back there was another weekend release announcement for 12.4 ? ;)

I can never get autopark to work correctly. Either too slow or failed to detect parking spaces on both the x and y.

If this is true it's a big thumb up for me. Seeing the stock back in green guess the pump is working.

Dog has bad eyesight and parking with the big noses X and Y aint fun.

Reactions: Max Plaid
Yeah, it was that last raise +25 in late Dec 2018 that took the wind out of everything.. surprised that it wasn’t till Sept 2019 - which really doesn’t make much sense - before the cut. But wow, yeah I was building a software company at the time but I didn’t realize it had left such a mark. ;-). 2019 was a very hard year, and THEN came the pandemic.

STC the +Cs and BTC the -Ps. Not the six-figure trade I was hoping it would be today, but $40k in 2 hours is good enough for me to step back away from the screen and enjoy the day.

It very well might...or it might not. Hence my exiting, taking the gains, and stepping away to enjoy the rest of the day.

Not quite - the goal was simply to take advantage of the morning's dip...done! :) Although, if I'd ended up picking up a bunch of shares, well, not the worst thing to do, then apply it to the Wheel of this thread's origin...

I'm just happy this is a time it did age well...it doesn't always. :)
very nice, 3 bullish trades to pick up stock partially paid for by -p

Reactions: InTheMiddle