Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While at 253 I closed 12/29 -c280/+c310 for .50 , had opened these at 1.00 :) ... happy to have left money on the table. Going to see if I can snag a BPS , albeit a bit riskier down than up.

EDIT: I rolled this weeks -c257.5 to February -c275, got good credit, approximately $1.50 per week ($9.25 total), they are now very green. Leave them for now? Not sure what else I can do to squeeze a bit more out.

Last edited:
Are you guys closing your call and hoping for another pump tomorrow?
Yeah, personally I'm just taking profit, looking to do it again tomorrow. Trying to decide what the close might be for the week. May roll back from Feb to 12/22 -c265... lock in a few points. hmmm. I guess this is what would be considered cascade decision making , per "Wisdom of Crowds" , thx @tivoboy for mentioning , great audio book.

Are you guys closing your call and hoping for another pump tomorrow?
Let's see how the day closes, IMO it won't be pretty if TSLA ends at LOD, daily candle looks ugly. I was out most of my long positions early this morning after it was rejected 258 several times, and thanks Jim and the others for all the charts/info.

Edit: not sure what triggered the drop though.

Falling out of blue channel, does not look too good short term.
[edit] Bearish engulfing red candle for the day does not look good either Target 238? 3% loss from the top near enough for me to step out
MA4x theory looks to go busted, but for that 238 must be breached[edit]

We are in the sweet spot 250-260 for MM close on Friday. Let's see if it holds.

1703102310314.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Let's see how the day closes, IMO it won't be pretty if TSLA ends at LOD, daily candle looks ugly. I was out most of my long positions early this morning after it was rejected 258 several times, and thanks Jim and the others for all the charts/info.

Edit: not sure what triggered the drop though.
Everything took a dump around the same time

Selling 10x 2/23/24 -CC265 @~18. Same price as last week, but 5$ higher strike. IFWT.

update: not sure why this didn’t post ~ 30 min ago.
If these go under $12 before the close, I’ll take them off (Buy them back) and take the 6$ per share. I’m VERY confident that I can sell them again at the same strike, date and price soon enough. Or, bring it down closer to $250 and get similar premium. Take the market you’re dealt.

OK, time for another round of bear-poking...

STO 20x -p257.50 @$3.1 + STO 20c -p260 @$5.3

Have 235x -c260 in play, so I'm really OK if these end up ITM, I accept that risk!! Lookign to sell Jan -p270's anyway, so that's an easy roll if needed
Crap, what did I do?

Have been out playing music, and come back to this...!!

My Spidey Sense had been tingling that a sudden drop off could happen at any moment, because Mr. Market wanted it to and the momo was gone.

BTO X 200P QQQ 405 DEC 20 for 0.07 in the AM. Waited. Have a policy of closing a couple of hours before market close if trade not going my way on same day expiry as there is no reason for 100% losses. Closed at 0.02 around 1:30 pm. Looked at it for moment and thought about doubling down, but closed instead. Just saw it hit 1.50 three minutes ago before collapsing again to 0.90.

LOL, oh well. Tomorrow is another day....

My Spidey Sense had been tingling that a sudden drop off could happen at any moment, because Mr. Market wanted it to and the momo was gone.

BTO X 200P QQQ 405 DEC 20 for 0.07 in the AM. Waited. Have a policy of closing a couple of hours before market close if trade not going my way on same day expiry as there is no reason for 100% losses. Closed at 0.02 around 1:30 pm. Looked at it for moment and thought about doubling down, but closed instead. Just saw it hit 1.50 three minutes ago before collapsing again to 0.90.

LOL, oh well. Tomorrow is another day....

I hate it when I guess right directionally but get the timing just wrong.