Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh, it's from my custom spreadsheet

i was trying to find the best 15% OTM premium to sell for the next 7 weeks, based on highest overnight change

View attachment 1008004

Oh! That's a fab way to look at the data. Would be great if someone offered that as a service, to find market differentials between DTE/Strikes to capture most premium when selling or pay least when buying.

It's not like I'm surprised. As I mentioned the other day, the substance in the Q1 and Q2 earnings in no way justified 100% and 90% rallies. Even Tesla themselves have acknowledge that 2024 is going to be an in between year when it comes to growth curves. Knowing that along with the reality that Tesla is going to face constant margin pressures on the auto side until Fed rates drop materially, it's open season on the stock in terms just hammering it non stop.

Tesla has many irons on the fire that will become huge catalysts in the future but none seem like they're going to be ready for 2024. 2024 to me is all about making some income on the side while positioning for mid 2025 and beyond when things like below will start to hit earnings and revenue.

- Mass production Semi
- Mass production Cybertruck
- Mass production Compact
- Non beta FSD V12
- FSD V12 in China and Europe
- Megapack factories (both US and China) at full production ramp

I don't like hoping/wishing for a scenario that would bring others misfortune, but TSLA breaking the wedge to the downside which I think would easily take it sub $200/share (probably all the way down to fill the gap at $146/share) over the couple of months would be very beneficial for me in regards to positioning for a 2025 breakout rally.

Last edited:
Well, this is depressing, but doing exactly what I thought, and positioned for it, so in principle I should be happy, but being an eternal TSLA bull, no sir, I don't like it!

Anyway, earlier STO 30x 1/26 -c220 @$13.5 -> already have 100x -p220 @$4.20, so a little hedge on those and easy enough to roll 30x up and out if it decides to reverse

Last edited:
Follow-up Tweet, seems to be lack of parts being delivered

1705004371283.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Anyone know if there's truth that once call walls fall/are closed leading into a Friday (like below) then dealers switch to defend the put lines to keep SP above tallest put wall, resulting in shoring up share price, in this case above $230?

1705009772437.png

Reactions: UncaNed