Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may well be the theme for most of 2024
need a pic to goes with that.

1707416771813.png

It just feels like all the traders want this to go higher but there seems to be zero interest in the stock from institutions.
agree, TSLA is the party's last girl on the chair nobody wants to dance with, the girl who might as well be the wallpaper

comparing today's NVDA chain to last friday's TSLA chain, one can get more income selling options on NVDA 1DTE vs TSLA 7DTE for the same 7Δ risk.

today's 1DTE nvda 7Δ +p645/-p675/-c730/+c760 gives 89 cents 👀 👀 👀
last friday's 7DTE tsla 7Δ +p140/-p170/-c205/+c235 gives 51 cents

LET.THAT.SINK.IN.

read that again, it wasn't a typo

EVEN IF income is the same, imagine de-risking for 6 days AND no key-man risk, no weekend black swan risk, no distracted CEO risk, no bad tweet BS risk, no daily struggle with FUDs, no MMD, etc.

that's my last nvda post... sorry, mods!

agree, TSLA is the party's last girl on the chair nobody wants to dance with, the girl who might as well be the wallpaper

comparing today's NVDA chain to last friday's TSLA chain, one can get more income selling options on NVDA 1DTE vs TSLA 7DTE for the same 7σ risk.

today's 1DTE nvda 7σ +p645/-p675/-c730/+c760 gives 89 cents 👀 👀 👀
last friday's 7DTE tsla 7σ +p140/-p170/-c205/+c235 gives 51 cents

LET.THAT.SINK.IN.

EVEN IF income is the same, imagine de-risking for 6 days AND no key-man risk, no weekend black swan risk, no distracted CEO risk, no bad tweet BS risk, no daily struggle with FUDs, no MMD, etc.

But then where do we go for our daily pain that we’ve been conditioned to seek 😆

comparing today's NVDA chain to last friday's TSLA chain, one can get more income selling options on NVDA 1DTE vs TSLA 7DTE for the same 7Δ risk.

LET.THAT.SINK.IN.

This is what I did today. Closed my TSLA ICs and opened NVDA BCS. Made significantly more income for less additional baggage and 1DTE.

LET.THAT.SINK.IN.

Well the way NVDA has been going, I wouldn't be that confident writing a -c730 for tomorrow!

Plus is has gone up so far for so long now, it's surely due a correction at some point...?

Well the way NVDA has been going, I wouldn't be that confident writing a -c730 for tomorrow!

Plus is has gone up so far for so long now, it's surely due a correction at some point...?
Maybe the higher premium is due to ER coming up? TSLA has similar premium before the ER dump.

Previously I have sold ATM Puts riding the pump wagon, but stop since the stock was swinging 30+ a day. A gain 30 points out of the money can easily be a loss just by holding the contract overnight.

Attachments

• 1707429050786.png
    1707429050786.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
Also worth noting we're at "Extreme Greed" right now: https://edition.cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed
It’s really just a technical overboughtedness scale.. what I like to follow is the extreme FOMO, and MOMO ETF, and the build in retail investor money flows.. that’s when you know the rug is going to be pulled out, or the music stops, or there’s a missing chair, etc.