Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tradytics has a good-enough feature (and wayyy cheaper) to replicate the dealer positioning: delta-adjusted gex (this is better than pure gamma)

View attachment 1020763

@Yoona thanks for the head's up about the tool. I signed up for a 15-day trial for $15.

They renamed the tool Spot GEX

What do you interpret from this (today's data)?

Spot GEX

1708613904432.png

Vanna

1708613985707.png

Vanna GEX

1708614008589.png

This one implies dealers support in the lower $180's region:

1708614073124.png

1708614157690.png

1708614210838.png

Last edited:
And the whole Market went green and Tesla went red…..
IMHO is was a smash down to get those 200 calls managed. I took advantage and closed mine out for the week. Call walls are safe until there's a weird and violent push down. I feel way less confident about 200 not getting passed this week. I know you guys say TSLA option income is low but when you're willing to let go of your shares around 200 you can make a ton of cash. 🤑

I think we go up from here so I'll sit on my cc writing hands until Tuesday.

EDIT: I was wrong....but still pocketed 80% :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
income from tsla is pathetic

income from nvda/smci is not (THERE, i mentioned those 2 words AGAIN)

View attachment 1020764
Yes, I agree on the TSLA premiums. The risk reward has changed significantly. In the past low premiums have led to big runs up, but I don't see anything forcing mergins up, are short term changes in expected growth, which are needed to drive long any long term rise in the stock.

Yes, I agree on the TSLA premiums. The risk reward has changed significantly. In the past low premiums have led to big runs up, but I don't see anything forcing mergins up, are short term changes in expected growth, which are needed to drive long any long term rise in the stock.
TSLA not even getting a small bounce today with the tech rally illustrates just how weak it has become. It’s laughable that Tesla is not considered enough of a tech company but unfortunately for shareholders, all of Tesla’s tech initiatives are many quarters away from being realized in the earnings.

I’m bullish on V12 progress and the progress it will make this year but Tesla’s stubbornness when it comes to their pricing model is killing adoption rates. They’re making it so FSD essentially needs to be perfect Level 5 in order for customers to be willing to pay $12k or $200 monthly. If they would just lower prices for the rest of 2024 especially on the monthly subscription rate, I think adoption rate would start an S curve and then as FSD reaches level 5 consistency, raise prices, especially the monthly price.

I fully understand Tesla might want FSD to get to a certain level of polish before really trying to make it mass appeal since you don’t want people to have a bad first experience or have negative publicity. They also might have other internal reasons. I’m simply pointing out that if Tesla (or should I say Tesla shareholders )wants to get that premium tech valuation in the next 3 quarters, that’s their path to it. There’s really nothing else that Tesla has that can force the narrative change on Wall St

Last edited:
how crazy is it? smci 6Δ 1dte gives me more income than tsla 6Δ 7dte

If I understand the instructions correctly, SpotGEX here shows that dealers are selling (pushes prices down) as we move toward $195.
@Yoona is this correct? Powerful tool indeed if true. We can guesstimate TSLA won't get past $195 today without tons of effort/catalyst.

1708616796947.png

See minute 04:15.

1) As price moves toward the red bar, dealers will be selling into the move which will make it more difficult to get above that level.
2) As it nears a green bar then dealers will be buying, supporting and boosting share price. And the size of the bar shows the strength of the action (big red=strong selling into; big green=strong buying into; converse for small).

If I understand the instructions correctly, SpotGEX here shows that dealers are selling (pushes prices down) as we move toward $195.
@Yoona is this correct? Powerful tool indeed if true. We can guesstimate TSLA won't get past $195 today without tons of effort/catalyst.

View attachment 1020795

See minute 04:15.

1) As price moves toward the red bar, dealers will be selling into the move which will make it more difficult to get above that level.
2) As it nears a green bar then dealers will be buying, supporting and boosting share price. And the size of the bar shows the strength of the action (big red=strong selling into; big green=strong buying into; converse for small).
i dunno what "spot gex" is

Bit too early on both, but not afraid to loose anything on either one
Oopsy, where the heck is this sudden move coming from? Guess I gotta roll if this does not turn back to normal validation-levels very soon. I smell a bit of a burn. As long as I hold I will not experience so much, but this could be a SMCI Waterloo moment for me. Of course I'll keep you posted, in good AND in bad times.
[Edit] large party is pumping, I hope the dump will be soon [/edit]

Last edited:
Possibly I missed it, but I've seen your long-term data showing 6 delta is "safe" for TSLA, is there similar data on SMCI?

I went (was .05) now .03 delta BPS and (was .08) now .07 delta BCS , 40 wide IC , still reads about 97% chance of profit for 1.30 before SP went over 900 ... seems reasonably safe. Keep in mind that liquidity is an issue, wide ask/bid on most strikes.

EDIT: As you can see from price actions, it would make sense to stay .05 or less on the BCS side.

Last edited: