Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than direct knowledge from inside HQ, what gives you such certainty?
I don't know, maybe it's because of every shareholder meeting, slide deck, master plans, and earnings conference call since battery day. But you know, some people familiar with the matter trumps all that including the CEO directly saying it's not true.

Yes Elon is bullish on FSD. He has always been bullish on FSD. He's probably the most bullish on FSD than any time in history. He is also extremely bullish on AI and has gone balls to the walls spending massive amounts on Tesla's AI infrastructure. So when did all of this getting spun into something new? The guy is trying to get Tesla to justify a PE higher than a car company here and everyone wants is Elon to make it more like a low margin car company. If people like Gary are so scared and hates volatility (not you guys cause we love volatility), then perhaps invest in bonds or something.

And also Yes, Elon is extremely bullish on Tesla manufacturing, which he thinks will be Tesla's only moat. Is he giving this up for his robotaxi dream or bust for Tesla? Why and in what world? It's almost like people think Elon has gone crazy and will die on this robotaxi hill even if it means giving up all of his master plans and mission statements..

Possible serious EW SL @ 140

1713498428885.jpeg

He is not pivoting, he just see FSD being solved more likely within the time frame. This can change if the next few updates lead them into a local maximum or he becomes bearish again. The assembly line isn't built yet, everything is fluid.
FSD might be getting close, for all we know it might actually be ready for prime-time in pre-production builds, but as of now it's only North America that has FSD, so even if it happened soon, it's a limited market as of now

Plus there will be, for at least a few generations, a lot of folks still wanting to own their own car, these need to be catered for

I don't know what Musk's actual plans are, reading between the lines and trying to piece everything together you'd have to conclude the M2 is on hold, but that would be a grave error IMO, if anything they should dump the M3 in favour of a smaller MY=M2, sedans have a limited TAM compared to hatchbacks and s smaller, cheaper car would sell in much higher volumes, much higher

Personally I will stay invested long in TSLA, currently through my LEAPS, which I will roll forwards and keep alive, if the stock drops <100 I may consider buying a pile, I do think autonomy will be solved and it will facilitate a lot more than just cars - Optimus probably being the first beneficiary of it, but right now, and likely the next 18 months I don't expect much and there is a big risk that Musk gets so obsessed with this one thing that he becomes fixated n that and nothing else to the point of total irrationality - we've all read Isaacson and know how this goes

On the other hand, Musk does have a considerable intellect, drive and the ability to make seemingly impossible things come true, so if we do manage to get his focus back into Tesla there's the possibility that great things lie ahead

Place your bets...

Reactions: phantasms
- yesterday just before close I got out of MSTR P1140, because of BTC not really dipping and "the world" being quiet. Now that Iran has chosen to call the retaliation a non-attack (and not to have to retaliate humiliatingly again) they will surely not respond soon (and after BTC dipped AH to subsequently come out of it stronger than it was during NY trading hours)
- Long positions TSLA (trimmed as they were) still intact and ready to buy back in a bit today ([Edited: ]two small orders placed @ SP 145.65 and 139.05). I wonder if ER will be so bad that it will be valued as "not priced in", but after this week's moves anything Elon will say during earnings call will not be understood, nor appreciated by WS as per usual. So I guess Wednesday there might even be a better entry point than today.
My TSLA dec '26 -P 250 are not totally out of extrinsic, but I miss-calculated the entry of that, because when assigned it would be a loss on SP$154.43 already (and not as I assumed 144.45).
- I will not be able to actively trade today, which is not good, for it will be one of the most volatile days for a lot of stocks.
- No margin issues around any corner, I learned that from last year's absolute bottom.
- Whatever happens downward, it will be short-lived is my guess.
- Russia will be heard from a lot in may, but I doubt if it will hit the markets hard (think things like cyberattacks and moving troops and rockets to Belarus vs Poland/Lithuanian border.)
[EDIT] I might add that we are nearing the other MOTHER of ALL TSLA trendlines under all bottoms sitting at just below 140 today (my infamous Red/White dotted rising trendline) so that could hold a further downfall! [/EDIT]

Last edited:
I don’t understand this guy who’s so heavily invested in Tesla but doesn’t want to give the man his well earned money. How does he think his investment will grow if Elon is not happy.
I'm going to vote yes on all counts. However, we need to acknowledge why some people are opposed to it, why this project can fail even though we think it should succeed. BTW, uncle Leo is talking crazy. 100% vote will never happen at any company for any reason. We're not a communist state.

1. When you vote for a massive all stock compensation plan, the unwritten rule is the executive is expected to align their actions with shareholders' values, both before and after vesting. If you voted in 2018, chances are you never expected a portion of the award would be sold by Elon to buy a company that has nothing to do with the mission, in a manner that created unwarranted volatility to the detriment of shareholders. Now you have buyer remorse and have a chance to vote again. Elon has alienated quite a few of his supporters in recent years, all in the name of free speech. Now we get to see free speech back at work.

I'm a big supporter of Elon even though I think he has made mistakes. In a way, that makes me a bigger supporter than those who don't think he can make any mistake, and a better critique than those who just flat out hate him.

2. Sure, Elon is the reason the stock got all the way to 415 and everyone who voted in 2018 got massively rewarded, but a lot of shares have changed hand since then. Tesla is now asking a lot of people who just bought in 2021-2024 to vote for it and honestly these people, chances are have seen nothing but declines in their holding. It's a tough ask, to be fair. At the minimum, they want to see Elon once again demonstrate overarching leadership and fervent devotion to Tesla. I think that's part of the reason why he's back at the helm now.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this explains TSLA pre-market recovery?

Seems odd though given that Dan recently referred to Q1P&D as an "unmitigated disaster" and only just two days back described Musk's silence over the compact car "gut wrenching" for investors

Doesn't add up...

1713532034363.png

I'm guessing this explains TSLA pre-market recovery?

Seems odd though given that Dan recently referred to Q1P&D as an "unmitigated disaster" and only just two days back described Musk's silence over the compact car "gut wrenching" for investors

Doesn't add up...

View attachment 1039902

Simple, he covered his shorts in the premarket dump :p