Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
800 PUT is for today. (when sold was like 6 Delta)

I have another 650 PUT that I had sold 45 days out for May 19th for like $5.50

Shouldnt we get a Macro DCB before going down furthur?

Getting to oversold on the daily chart for NVDA.

1713541428956.png

We did close the infamous gap in PM, but I guess that doesn’t count.

Anyeway, I BTC my 20 spreads -p150/+140 for a 100% gain. Step by step up that ladder that @Yoona posted, instead of overreaching.

Next week I will look if I can find another (probably smaller) position to play earnings.

In 2020 and 2021 my positions were so much bigger. I had huge gains, but can also remember losses of 15k on a roll (didn’t have the right app to place combination orders), 40k on a hesitation and even 300k on a panic buy of written calls. I was richly rewarded with those big positions, but I just don’t have the stomach for that anymore. Capital preservation and steady small gains is the way forward.

We did close the infamous gap in PM, but I guess that doesn’t count.

Anyeway, I BTC my 20 spreads -p150/+140 for a 100% gain. Step by step up that ladder that @Yoona posted, instead of overreaching.

Next week I will look if I can find another (probably smaller) position to play earnings.

In 2020 and 2021 my positions were so much bigger. I had huge gains, but can also remember losses of 15k on a roll (didn’t have the right app to place combination orders), 40k on a hesitation and even 300k on a panic buy of written calls. I was richly rewarded with those big positions, but I just don’t have the stomach for that anymore. Capital preservation and steady small gains is the way forward.
yes, take profits when you can

if i didn't close these yesterday, today's 180+ SMCI black swan drop would have been a disaster for the puts... -20% 0dte... this shows how dangerous SMCI/NVDA is

1713543305946.png

yes, take profits when you can

if i didn't close these yesterday, today's 180+ SMCI black swan drop would have been a disaster for the puts... -20% 0dte... this shows how dangerous SMCI/NVDA is

View attachment 1039968
I'm assuming NVDA is down in sympathy with SMCI, which is down on nothing other than lack a pre-guidance in the earnings date announcement -> assumption appears to be that no news is bad news...

I'll stick with my plan, which is to setup a 5/24 -900 straddle, already sold the puts Wednesday (I think it was) - sounds bad, but as that involved buying back weekly -p900's, was actually a good move as it turned out...

I could wait for Monday to see if it bounces, but maybe it doesn't, so I'll just take what's on offer now...

per comments in the thread :Leo KoGuan owns about 27 million shares of Tesla, which accounts for approximately 0.75% of the company's total shares outstanding.
Yeah it's being blown way out of proportion without giving the context of the actual influence he can have on the vote...which is little. It's going to be all about how the funds vote.

But I expect this to be a spotlight hot take narrative until the vote.

I was going to stay out for next week, but I'm a little nervous about the earnings call. I sold 10 July 205 calls and bought 20 April 26 130 puts in case of a total *sugar* show. I'd be ok selling shares at 205 at this point and happy to have some insurance. Hopefully it is a great call and we bounce 20%.
Boy. You’re really stepping out over the ledge.. ;-0

Okay, some needed (not so) comic relief 😂

During Tesla's earnings call next week Elon must clearly answer the following questions from investors or analysts, otherwise $TSLA stock price will be crushed:

1. The situation in terms of border security

2. Progress in the great cause of freedom of expression

3. When did the Disney CEO decide to resign

4. When will Diablo release a new expansion

5. When will the traditional media die?

6. Is X's advertising revenue situation optimistic?

Boy. You’re really stepping out over the ledge.. ;-0
I'm travelling and don't want to be watching all week. I'll feel better about not selling with the puts and ok if we rocket up.. Most likely scenario is we go down to the 130's and the puts expire worthless. Still hoping the fabled 144 gap is our bottom and we're able to move up and onward.

I am starting to see a path to recovery for TSLA, so hopefully wasted money, the best insurance is never used. The semi project has been held up for batteries. Moving to LG & CATL for 4680's opens the path for the semi and scaling Cyber truck - assuming production is ironed out. Getting FSD closer to L4 means focus on robotaxi version of M2 first and get production started in Austin. If they can shrink the production line again, it may be easier to open 3 or 4 500K plants, versus doing the one 2MM car plant in Mexico.