Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally I'd agree but this is the chart that tells me it's ready to go either way. If Elon's saying that we're still building the assembly line and we will make whatever ready for prime time first, between the model 2 or robotaxi, then we can bounce. But if he gives any indication that the model 2 is dead, that thought gives me chill.
If we get a bounce, how high to you see before a retrace down (for selling 5/17 CCs)?

He has to know that a dropping SP puts his compensation package at risk. A lot of people who gained from his work since 2018 have taken profits. A lot of bag holders are voting now....

The past couple years Elon’s been taking the weight of all the moral and political troubles of the world on his shoulders. It may be taking its mental and emotional toll and he’ll just self-destruct. One hopes he doesn’t take Tesla and us nuts holding TSLA down with him.

After some consideration I pulled the trigger on 10 spreads +p135/-p125 05/03, paying $2.78. The date allows for some digesting of the earnings call and the same spread for 04/26 is only a few dime cheaper.

Even after the 42% drop I still see more downside, but if it bounces you can thank me.

My potential loss is limited, especially because a loss in premium on the long leg is softened by a loss in premium on the short leg.
Pls post dates, when posting.

1713802190099.png

Ok everyone sold and every margin investors got liquidated before earnings, we got that.. Now we can move back up.
They are never going to make it that easy, the stock will continue to ping pong until ER tomorrow and then during the call it will ping pong 10x faster :). The sounds bites on this one should be epic.

Let's go Elon.

Pfff, this is a horrible situation to be in. I can sell my July +p150's kind of dow, and pocket ~$200k, but want to wait and see if it dumps after earnings to pocket a hell of a lot more

But what if it doesn't dump, what if if goes up...

Selling is hard...
I am holding 420x (ironically not that number on purpose) June +P145. Was going to sell puts against them to make up for the purchase price.

Bought for 7 they are now at 14. I can't foresee the stock going up directly after earnings so i'm going to take the risk and hold, and wait to sell puts against if and when the price drops further.

What do we know: the numbers will be very bad, and judging by delivery could be worse than expected.
What do we not know: we don't know what Elon is going to say on the call, but if the past is any indication, i read that the stock has dropped on average ~10% past 4 earnings.

What would make this earnings different? Announcement into India? Model 2 clarification? I am looking for potential catalysts to help me manage expectations on these puts.