Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate the guy or love him, Elon deserved some recognition for pulling the impossible from the ER.
Still holding steady even after the overall META and Macro dump AH.

1713992164532.png

Wow, $399. That’s gonna leave a mark

Probably going to sell the QQQ and NDQ puts tomorrow… regardless.

This is becoming like the Oprah show for the mega caps..

“You lose a quarter trillion and YOU lose a quarter trillion!”
maybe MSFT and Alphabet will join in on the fun tommorow......

Then they puts all the money into TSLA and SP pump to the Moon ;)
180million shares traded today.

Money moving from Meta looking for a short term hot stock?

Come on down to TSLA and your wildest dreams will
Come true.

another gift from smci 50-pt drop, i am taking it and i am done for the week

View attachment 1041295

discord after 4 rounds this wk

View attachment 1041297

secret sauce: take profits when you see them
I was on the same path until I was too deep into the first spread, the second I managed to get out with little pain. Add 2 zeros and a negative, that's my loss this week. But I sleep good now.

I'll setup a conservative trade Thursday for 4/26.

I have 5x TSLA Jan '25 +p180 that I should have sold at SP 140. Can't believe the street flipped given poor ER. I was looking for a few more percent return to help close the outlay. Oh well, live to fight another day.

Do we see a retrace to 140s anytime soon ? I don't want to write puts against these, may as well cash in , no ?

EDIT: just read @tivoboy posts, 150 might be floor. Okay, that's a few more percent, willing to hang in for that to cash in these puts. 4/26 -p130/+p140 insurance and option to but are not worth anything, but that's what it was.

Last edited:
OK, but Europe needs a SMALL Tesla, Model 3 is way too big for most people here - they'd rather pay $25k for a small hot-hatch than a medium sized sedan
And M3 turning radius is lousy. I have a pre-ad blue GL that can make a tighter cut for parking, k-turn, u-turn. We love '18 M3D , just has some odd steering character. Maybe Highland better, TL;DR

Last edited:
Wow, $399. That’s gonna leave a mark

Probably going to sell the QQQ and NDQ puts tomorrow… regardless.

This is becoming like the Oprah show for the mega caps..

“You lose a quarter trillion and YOU lose a quarter trillion!”
Not going to sell these puts. I’ll hold a few more days or week. They are for May/june. I think there is more $$ in them to be had

Cheaper Car to be roll-out by 2025?

Only 1 way to do it - take a model 3 and dumb it down...
You could make a 3-door Model 3-ish car, about 12" narrower wheelbase, leveraging the existing design of the end structures of the Y; industrialization of the unique parts at about 16 months is viable. You have to be working on a pocket design though that has been sitting in a file. You need to cut out about $5k in BoM and $1k in assembly cost to make it work; half of that is easy, the other half takes some finesse, and it might take some time after the initial production to get there.

Reactions: thenewguy1979
Jim Holder where are you buddy? everything ok?

i believe Jim is observing Passover hence his absence here

Hiya, I'm okay, thanks for asking. I was away (and will be away again next Monday and Tuesday).

Lots of excitement the past couple days, wow!

I'll catch up on all the news meantime.

❤️

Last edited:
When volume moves that much, and share price doesn’t - that’s a LOT of short covering. Just sayin’
The SP move up after a pretty bad ER looked to me like shorts covering after assuming Tesla has given up on lower priced models.

The truth as usual is somewhere between Rueter's article and Elon's claim of "they are lying (again)". Tesla hasn't given up on Model 2 but has given up on new manufacturing plants to make them. SO, whatever happens to Giga Mexico, now ?

ps : Looks like my 145 puts and 175 calls are safe (for now) ;)

Very happy my 15x-P300 6/18/26 survived the spanking to $138 without assignment. It needs around SP $195-200 to escape @ b/e, but if we somehow get over $206 I'll just ride them up and cut if we break support.

Was holding the following into ER:

BPS 10x -P125 / 15x +P135 for 5/3
STC the -P125 tomorrow (~$0.09) = +$2,600
Stuck with the dead 15x +P135 = -$6,996. There's only about $400 of value left in them so will likely just hold them as free insurance to expiration.
Was worth it. Money in the toilet but longs recovered +$110k (if TSLA can hold it!)

5x +P135 7/19 @8.95
Now @4.55 (-54%)
Debating if to hold or cut, since it's out to July AND the end of May still has those scary looking $130-$150 puts on the board. Perhaps from people/institutions/MM preparing for/expecting a deep market correction (I'm guessing @tivoboy will say hold them).

10x -C167.50 4/26 @b/e
Will look if to BTC tomorrow

10x -C165 5/17 @2.75
Currently red (@6.72). Will keep an eye and see about rolling as it gets closer.

10x -C185 7/19 @7.50
B/E, Holding

10x -C240 12/20/24 @4.50
Red, holding

5x +C150 12/19/2025 @109
Red, holding (need $210-$220 to escape b/e)
BTW this one taught me a lesson about the dangers of "Recency Biase" in buying calls, since I did very well on the same +C150 12/19/2025 earlier in the year and rode them from $125 well up to $175, so when they were at $109 they looked like "a bargain," and no brainer to get more when $217-$220 looked like the "low" (ha!). They are now in the low $50's...

3x +C100 12/18/26 @72.00
Green, holding

Overall crazy drama! I hope everyone's doing okay.
Let's see what tomorrow and next week brings.

Keep calm and trade on

1714006276709.png

What's up end of May with so many puts? 👀

Last edited:
I was on the same path until I was too deep into the first spread, the second I managed to get out with little pain. Add 2 zeros and a negative, that's my loss this week. But I sleep good now.

I'll setup a conservative trade Thursday for 4/26.

I have 5x TSLA Jan '25 +p180 that I should have sold at SP 140. Can't believe the street flipped given poor ER. I was looking for a few more percent return to help close the outlay. Oh well, live to fight another day.

Do we see a retrace to 140s anytime soon ? I don't want to write puts against these, may as well cash in , no ?

EDIT: just read @tivoboy posts, 150 might be floor. Okay, that's a few more percent, willing to hang in for that to cash in these puts. 4/26 -p130/+p140 insurance and option to but are not worth anything, but that's what it was.
To reduce risk of capital loss, i decided to move from spreads to DITM CC with high delta. This makes me less immune to directional risk since i am hedged almost delta-neutral. Profit is the low extrinsic but i have deep downside protection. In exchange for this protection and predictable return, i give up the right to profits if sp shoots up, and that is ok. In today's market, that is less likely to happen anyway.

Max income is limited and max loss is unlimited and that's ok. It's only unrealized loss backed by stock, unlike spreads' terrifying max loss. If sp drops below breakeven, I'm willing for strike to chase the sp down. SMCI makes it easy through the large generous premiums (ie ATM is 4k credit, that's like reducing cost basis quickly from 720 to 680). If sp drops too deep, credits are still acceptable while i wait it out (ie rolled 100 OTM is still good for at least $1000 CC income/wk).

Extrapolating the SMCI sp 750 to TSLA sp 160, the multiple is 5. There is no way TSLA will give me $200 CC income/wk if 20 DOTM for the same capital outlay. Only $60/wk from tonight's chain.

not advice

Last edited:
WS update:

Staying above $160.50 keeps $178.68 channel top in reach.

TSLA needs to close above $178.63 for bullish continuation. If it can't, then anticipating rotation down to $138.35 channel bottom over 3-5 weeks.

A close today below $156.83 sets a high for the week and TSLA should fall back to $138.35 by end of next week.

o_O

IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

Last edited: