Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't they got enough cash that they could buy back the whole company now?

"Beat" apparently, buy what, 0.3% or something? 😂
1714682575826.png
1714682603132.png

basically 😂

The market loves it...up over 6% AH

Haven't they got enough cash that they could buy back the whole company now?

"Beat" apparently, buy what, 0.3% or something? 😂
If they had gotten over 500B in C/CE I would have been banging the table for a special dividend… 2.7 TRILLION would be a lot of cash to keep in C/CE

It’s days like this where the juvenile investor in me with AAPL shares at a s.a. 12 CENTS who sold the postion at 60 CENTS says - you stupid idiot of no faith! Would have been the HODL of all HODL before there was even HODL

Last edited:
So basically Apple is saying they have no idea how to invest in new products and make money.

Making EVs/AVs is too tough - let's just buy back shares. Much easier.
That’s not really apple… they don’t really do large expensive acquisitions, and they are not really CapEx intensive in what they DO develop.. no new large factories required, or ”gigapresses” or land, or real estate.. so yes, once the pile becomes sufficiently large (I’m seeing an image of Scrooge McDuck here at the moment) they might as well start giving some MORE away… Im just pulling from the noodle here, but I think over the past 10 years they must have done 500B+ 604B in buybacks. So, yeah that is supporting the stock in ways that pretty much no OTHER stock has ever been supported.

Update: corrected buyback amount

Last edited:
Can still YOLO tomorrow with 0DTE.
It was for 5/10, not tomorrow, anyway, the moment is gone and it was, like I said, pure gambling, which one shouldn't engage in, a win can encourage more, which will lead to losses

I'll stick with my well thought-out TSLA positions and lose all my money through more gentlemanly conduct, thank you very much

@tivoboy - any changes to the Master theses based on this week ERs and FOMC. Seem market isn't phased yet.
Nope.

It’s not about absolute macro destruction/decay and more about seasonality, sentiment, timing and opportunity. All happy moves up in inidividual, sector or overall index moves are ripe for rug pull mkt movements.

There is a lot of happy over reactions here, that ends up decaying within 24 hours, usually that takes more like 48-72 hours.. We’ll see. I’d like to see AAPL hold $180 here.. we’ll see. The next TWO WEEKS are going to be very directionally informational and informative for what the summer should look like.

Last edited:
If they had gotten over 500B in C/CE I would have been banging the table for a special dividend… 2.7 TRILLION would be a lot of cash to keep in C/CE

It’s days like this where the juvenile investor in me with AAPL shares at a s.a. 12 CENTS who sold the postion at 60 CENTS says - you stupid idiot of no faith! Would have been the HODL of all HODL before there was even HODL
I sold 200 shares of Apple and bought Dell in 1998. There was no way for Apple to scale up. You had to make me look that up! I'm glad I don't own 22,000 shares of Apple. I'd be lazy and sitting on a beach instead of figuring out how to make up for not selling any Tesla at 400 when my wife told me to.

I sold 200 shares of Apple and bought Dell in 1998. There was no way for Apple to scale up. You had to make me look that up! I'm glad I don't own 22,000 shares of Apple. I'd be lazy and sitting on a beach instead of figuring out how to make up for not selling any Tesla at 400 when my wife told me to.
Apple reinvented itself into a mobile communication platform. Maybe Tesla becoming a mobility platform will be the Apple story of the next 15 years. I sure would like an excuse for another stock split.

Well 22,000 shares isn’t 210,000 shares… but I see your point. foruntately (unfortunately?) it didn’t happen but I’ve had my nose to the grindstone for the past 30 years (with the MBA and MS that my apple shares paid for) so maybe it was all according to the markets plan?

Last edited: