Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is plenty of demand at the current price point. I don't see Foundation going away until 2025 at the earliest. My neighbor (who has pickups and a Ferrari) test drove my CT last night. He was BLOWN AWAY. He punched it getting on the highway and we all had vertigo. He instantly got over 110 mph (I was NOT happy). Coming back home he was swerving HARD going 35 mph and the truck was carving like a high performance sport sedan. He wouldn't stop raving about the squircle and steer by wire. After we got home I demoed the sound system. He is also a serious audiophile and was once again awestruck. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he has placed a reservation after that. No other truck comes close to what this truck is.
Thank BTF. After this review the stock should pump back up soon..........after touching base of course ;)

PSA: I just spoke with my friend/contact at Schwab about TDA account migration.

For those of you/us who use TOS and TDA, the “last group” to be transitioned is happening on 5/10 which is the NEXT Weekend. As I understood a while ago this was mostly for heavy TOS users, options, futures, forex and some other smaller reasons. They’ve now done FIVE migrations, so hopefully, they’ve worked it all out.

IF you are a TOS user, he did say that as much as they have built and tested the migration scripts, for migrating TOS settings, ALERTS settings and alerts, etc., he said it’s always a good idea to make a backup of your desktops (I have about 20 different desktops in TOS as it is) and Workspaces. MAYBE watchlists. There really isn’t a good way to backup all Alerts setup - but since they are rolling anyway, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

IF you already HAVE a Schwab account and login, you’ll use this. I have three accounts there already and asked “why don’t I see the new target brokerage account” and he said “we keep it hidden till the day of transfer so it’s not confusing”. For me, it’s confusing NOT seeing the account now. Alrighty.

I’ve had this TDA account for over 25 years now, it’ll be the end of an era. Thankfully, my good old friend Thinkorswim is sticking around to hold my hand.

nibble - NVDA STO 2 740 PUTS for $1 each
Steady on, mate!

1714672400797.png

PSA: I just spoke with my friend/contact at Schwab about TDA account migration.

For those of you/us who use TOS and TDA, the “last group” to be transitioned is happening on 5/10 which is the NEXT Weekend. As I understood a while ago this was mostly for heavy TOS users, options, futures, forex and some other smaller reasons. They’ve now done FIVE migrations, so hopefully, they’ve worked it all out.

IF you are a TOS user, he did say that as much as they have built and tested the migration scripts, for migrating TOS settings, ALERTS settings and alerts, etc., he said it’s always a good idea to make a backup of your desktops (I have about 20 different desktops in TOS as it is) and Workspaces. MAYBE watchlists. There really isn’t a good way to backup all Alerts setup - but since they are rolling anyway, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

IF you already HAVE a Schwab account and login, you’ll use this. I have three accounts there already and asked “why don’t I see the new target brokerage account” and he said “we keep it hidden till the day of transfer so it’s not confusing”. For me, it’s confusing NOT seeing the account now. Alrighty.

I’ve had this TDA account for over 25 years now, it’ll be the end of an era. Thankfully, my good old friend Thinkorswim is sticking around to hold my hand.
Schwab is a ridiculous dumpster fire.

Switched all I could to IAB. Stuck at Schwab with my retirement account. Simply trying to bring up my positions up hurts my eyes.

TD Ameritrade was about as good as it get, especially TOS.

This happened because the gods hate us. No other explanation.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Funny
Reactions: kelly and phantasms
Schwab is a ridiculous dumpster fire.

Switched all I could to IAB. Stuck at Schwab with my retirement account. Simply trying to bring up my positions up hurts my eyes.

TD Ameritrade was about as good as it get, especially TOS.

This happened because the gods hate us. No other explanation.
It’s possible.. but since I use TOS for 99% of my interaction with TDA, and will continue to use TOS for the same interaction with Schwab, I hope that it won’t be too bad. I’d had to deal with SCHW for a while now for 1099 and the like for some accounts I’ve had there through other transactions, and I’m glad I don’t have to execute trades on their site or legacy platform.

Yah, I should've gotten out of my remaining -c175's widen the SP hit $176, but expected a bit more downside, put in a limit order, but it never went back there

Surprised to see it green, was looking like 180 was a shoo-in for tomorrow, let's see...
180 is still probably a shoe in for tomorrow. Stock has been very weak against macro's yesterday and today with the clear intent to pin to slightly under 180.

180 is still probably a shoe in for tomorrow. Stock has been very weak against macro's yesterday and today with the clear intent to pin to slightly under 180.
Indeed, macro ripping a bit today, TSLA straggling somewhat... still surprised it hasn't crashed given the seemingly random and impulsive nature of the Tesla lay-offs, but what do I know?

Meanwhile - always think it's uncanny that you can often draw lines liker this on a daily chart

1714676820941.png

It’s possible.. but since I use TOS for 99% of my interaction with TDA, and will continue to use TOS for the same interaction with Schwab, I hope that it won’t be too bad. I’d had to deal with SCHW for a while now for 1099 and the like for some accounts I’ve had there through other transactions, and I’m glad I don’t have to execute trades on their site or legacy platform.
I switched, was told could keep using TOS.
There was a mail , saying all kinds of changes for margin etc. One I need to make sure is that the LIFO setting is reset in Schwab.
anything else to be aware of?

Last edited:
earnings bad, but Cook just needs to say AI in you phone , iPhone 16 ;)
Indeed Apple ER after the bell, could move the needle... as I recall, iPhone demand was under pressure in China, but fundamentals don't seem to matter any more, no idea...

I nearly did an AAPL yolo earlier with a buy order for 50c 5/10 +c180 @$1.2 -> not a lot of money, but pure gabling, which believe it or not, isn't my style, so canceled the order just before it would have triggered 🤪

Basically 210, 155, 420, 1.3k
The last two very LT 😎
Lol I will be long gone out of TSLA before 1,300/share hits. My divesting plan has me completely out of TSLA by 600/share. If I wanted to spread my tranches out a bit more because say FSD knocks it out of the park, could get to 750 when the last tranche would be sold off/called away.

As it is today, I'm just hoping to get last tranche of 600/share sold/called away by 2028, 2030 at the latest.

Survey says
Not likely.

Quick crowd source question:
Anyone know if it’s true that ppl ordering CT literally 1-2 months ago are receiving confirmed VIN for delivery now? Anyone here have that experience? I’m not sure WHEN exactly @BornToFly put their order in, but it was most likely YEARS ago.
Around 90 days from order to delivery if you have foundation invite. They have been inviting more and more people .. so maybe ever one will eventually get an invite like some are speculating. Obviously a lot of people don't want to pay a premium and are not ordering foundation series.