TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sensor for Doors?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by heffneil, Apr 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. heffneil

heffneil Member

Hey guys I noticed that my Model X isn't letting the doors or even the trunk open fully. This was in the middle of an empty parking lot so I am afraid that my car being dirty is the culprit. Can someone let me know where the sensors are that cause the doors to not open fully so I can clean them (and not the whole car). We do need the rain down here in SWFL so I know if I go for a car wash it will rain. :)

Thanks!

Neil

2. travis010

travis010 Member

There is a height sensor on the top of the car between the two FWD that have an impact on door opening height. I'm not sure if it uses other sensors besides that one but for sure, that one plays a part.

3. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

What version Firmware are you on? Is this an AP1 or AP2 vehicle? Family has an AP2 that had the same problem with the first 8.1 update, latest release fixed it. 17.11.10

• Like x 1