Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Does Not Record and Tesla Response

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that my Sentry Mode seems to have stopped working. I was parked at a ballgame and came back to no Sentry alerts at all despite a bunch of people walking past my front end all night. I didn't think much of it at the time but then today I came out to my car at work and there was someone parked *right* next to me, too close. I got in and looked to see if Sentry had captured how close they came and if they opened a door on my side of their vehicle. No Sentry alert and when I pressed the camera icon it loaded up the last 59 minutes of footage, but no events. Going to have to look further in to this and start the troubleshooting process, but kind of a bummer when it's been working pretty reliably for a long time and just stopped.

I just noticed that my Sentry Mode seems to have stopped working. I was parked at a ballgame and came back to no Sentry alerts at all despite a bunch of people walking past my front end all night. I didn't think much of it at the time but then today I came out to my car at work and there was someone parked *right* next to me, too close. I got in and looked to see if Sentry had captured how close they came and if they opened a door on my side of their vehicle. No Sentry alert and when I pressed the camera icon it loaded up the last 59 minutes of footage, but no events. Going to have to look further in to this and start the troubleshooting process, but kind of a bummer when it's been working pretty reliably for a long time and just stopped.
Check all profiles if Camera based detection is enabled. Try toggling it on and off in case it is stuck. That's the only fence change I can think of that would play a major effect on Sentry detection.

Check all profiles if Camera based detection is enabled. Try toggling it on and off in case it is stuck. That's the only fence change I can think of that would play a major effect on Sentry detection.
Thanks for that. I did that and dug into the review menu and the clips were there. It seems I may have just not received the splash screen notification on startup that Sentry detected events.