Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Live View

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded 2022.36.8.5 yesterday and no sentry mode live view for my model S. All the other Autopilot beta cars got it but they’re also Model 3 and Y. Is this just a feature for Model 3 and Y cars?

I have premium connectivity and iOS and no option to turn it on in safety and security, nothing int he updated app.

If so…This is very sad. I was looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpandes
But the new stuff we get is the garbage V11 UI with no benefits like Sentry Mode Live or Blind Spot Cameras.
Agreed, this is complete BS. For the time being I am sticking with 2021.44.6.

Hopefully things change and they fix the UI and decide to give us some of the decent features that clearly the car can support but Tesla is being lazy. I am still hopefully portrait mode is not dead.... I like it way better than the new landscape screens, and I like my 2017 S with a sunroof which you can't get anymore. If the roaster sticks with a portrait screen....then they will likely port that over to our UI. But i think its more likely they will switch it to landscape screen before release.

If I have to forever stick with the current v10 I have its not the end of the world, I will still enjoy my car for years to come, but this is indeed disappointing to see Tesla leave us in the dust.

Reactions: Wadisr
Upvote 0
Agreed, this is complete BS. For the time being I am sticking with 2021.44.6.

Hopefully things change and they fix the UI and decide to give us some of the decent features that clearly the car can support but Tesla is being lazy. I am still hopefully portrait mode is not dead.... I like it way better than the new landscape screens, and I like my 2017 S with a sunroof which you can't get anymore. If the roaster sticks with a portrait screen....then they will likely port that over to our UI. But i think its more likely they will switch it to landscape screen before release.

If I have to forever stick with the current v10 I have its not the end of the world, I will still enjoy my car for years to come, but this is indeed disappointing to see Tesla leave us in the dust.
I agree completely! I wish we had received 2021.44.6, but we have 2021.36.5.1 & now the car wants to download 2021.44.25.2. We also really like our 2016 S because it has an opening sunroof & also should be able to get FSD Beta once the RCCB cameras are available & it has lifetime unlimited free supercharging that is transferable to new owners. But the rest of the abandonment by Tesla really stinks.

Upvote 0
But the new stuff we get is the garbage V11 UI with no benefits like Sentry Mode Live or Blind Spot Cameras.
Last two months:
Nav Waypoints, edit waypoints
Subwoofer adjustments
Cold Weather Improvements
Use Comfort Damping Suspension in Autopilot (not spectacular)
Manage Dashcam Clips
Dark Mode
Hide Map Details
New V11 UI
Customized App Launcher
Driver Profiles - Each driver has independent Work and Home
Perpendicular Auto Park
Preconditioning Supercharger Improvements

Detect Uneven Tire Wear - Your Tesla will now report whether there is uneven wear on your tires. If a tire is showing signs of uneven wear, a message will appear on your displaying letting you know that your tires should be inspected.

Added Vehicle Information -
Your car will now display supported cellular networks under Modem capabilities. It will also show whether your vehicle is compatible with Tesla's CCS adapter. To view this information go to Controls > Software and tap on 'Additional Vehicle Information'.

Upvote 0
Last two months:
Nav Waypoints, edit waypoints
Subwoofer adjustments
Cold Weather Improvements
Use Comfort Damping Suspension in Autopilot (not spectacular)
Manage Dashcam Clips
Dark Mode
Hide Map Details
New V11 UI
Customized App Launcher
Driver Profiles - Each driver has independent Work and Home
Perpendicular Auto Park
Preconditioning Supercharger Improvements

Detect Uneven Tire Wear - Your Tesla will now report whether there is uneven wear on your tires. If a tire is showing signs of uneven wear, a message will appear on your displaying letting you know that your tires should be inspected.

Added Vehicle Information -
Your car will now display supported cellular networks under Modem capabilities. It will also show whether your vehicle is compatible with Tesla's CCS adapter. To view this information go to Controls > Software and tap on 'Additional Vehicle Information'.
Waypoints will be useful, but that came before V11, just on a software version we didn’t get.

Upvote 0